Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NSRCG Update
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
mcmackie
Details in the Community projects area.

NSRCG - a freeware PC Windows based SR3 Character Generator was built on top of the original work of Paulo(Adam)'s SR2 CharGen.....

Update: Version 3.61 now posted. Rigger3 data courtesy of Karl Kendricks, bug fix for Otaku (frail physical attributes ->2 free mental points). Support for Magic Loss now enabled. German DAT files now posted.

I'm posting in this area as I believe the German players will be interested and wanted to reach the broadest area.

enjoy cyber.gif
Longshadow
Hi. I'm running WinXP home edition, I downloaded the new full install today (never had the program before), and I can't seem to get the installer to work.
The installer mentions that I have files that are out of date and that they will have to be updated before continuing. Clicking OK to update it then asks me to restart, but then clicking to restart generates a message telling me that retsrating will interrupt installation. No matter how many times I go through the process, and try different combos, it still won't work. Any ideas?
Johnny the Bull
QUOTE (Longshadow)
Hi. I'm running WinXP home edition, I downloaded the new full install today (never had the program before), and I can't seem to get the installer to work.
The installer mentions that I have files that are out of date and that they will have to be updated before continuing. Clicking OK to update it then asks me to restart, but then clicking to restart generates a message telling me that retsrating will interrupt installation. No matter how many times I go through the process, and try different combos, it still won't work. Any ideas?

Hey Mackie, as always a great program, and fantastic support for Otaku. Just a question - do you need any help with adding support for complex forms/daemons? I'm not too good a coder, but I'll whack em into the dat file if you give a format.

As for the WinXP home problem, in short, upgrade your OS. WinXP Home works with pretty much nothing.
mcmackie
QUOTE (Longshadow)
Hi.  I'm running WinXP home edition, I downloaded the new full install today (never had the program before),  and I can't seem to get the installer to work.
The installer mentions that I have files that are out of date and that they will have to be updated before continuing.  Clicking OK to update it then asks me to restart, but then clicking to restart generates a message telling me that retsrating will interrupt installation.  No matter how many times I go through the process, and try different combos, it still won't work.  Any ideas?

Somebody said that this worked for them:

Re-start your computer and while it is rebooting be pushing the F8 key
to get to the set-up screen. Boot in safe mode and choose administrater.
Install it while logged as the administrater and then re-boot to normal. It
should be all ready to go for you.

What you're describing sounds like you have insufficient permission to install the program (Non-administrator) or a bug in your software (OS) that acts like it....
I've never experienced this problem and I've test installed it on my systems WinXP Pro several times. I've installed on Win2K, Win98, WinME, etc...
Good luck:)
K Oz
Just a quick note for the German users: I discovered some errors in the German DAT Files and will send the corrected files Mcmackie later this day. I also added the German additions from Rigger 3.01D, Mensch & Maschine 3.01D und Arsenal sourcebooks.

K Oz
satcong
I installed on XP successfully. However, I had to change the path details to the data files so that the main program could find them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012