Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SR3 Acrhetypes in .pdf
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Method
I was wondering if anybody has the archetypes published in SR3 as .pdf files or knows where I can get them. While I loath using premade characters I am going to teach the game to a bunch of kids at a youth home where I work, and I don't have the time or energy to generate characters for everybody who might want to join in. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

As a side note: Before anybody says anything about copyrights, I happen to own no less than 3 copies of the SR3 core rule book, as well as 3 other copies of previous editions and just about every other book published so far (I haven't gotten around to some of the newer ones..). So I'm not trying to rip off fasa or wizkid or fanpro or anybody else. I'm just too lazy to digitize them myself...cool.gif
BitBasher
Owning it does not make it leagal to download a copy of, Fair Use only allows you, yourself to make a backup copy of your own physical book.
nezumi
About the copyright, don't forget that while you may have a copy of them, and FanPro/Fasa has as of yet to show the slightest inclination to even pursue people who have pdf copies but haven't bought the books, the RIAA would argue that you could own twenty copies and you aren't allowed get a pdf copy. Now if that isn't the cyberpunk 'corps crush the little guys', I don't know what is : )

I'd say you can probably find plenty of useful characters online, just google them and dumb them down. Those are mostly text/html, but I'm guessing that'll suffice for your needs. I'd go with that first.

There's always kazaa, if you choose to go that route.
Ecclesiastes
Download McMackie's character generator. He has all the Archtypes already done up with it so all you have to do is print them out.
lokugh
Actually, I think the archetypal runners are one of the things FASA allowed you to make copies of, so it might be ok. But, in any case, getting a character generator like NSRCG is probably safer.
Method
Thanks all.
Method
QUOTE (Ecclesiastes)
Download McMackie's character generator. He has all the Archtypes already done up with it so all you have to do is print them out.

Doah! I thought McMackie's Character Generator would work, but I'm using a Mac and I don't see a compatible version...

Any other thoughts?
Tanka
You might be able to use a text editor to read the files... It just may take a while to extract the stats.

Alternatively; next time you're on a PC, download it, finalize all of them and save the HTML files to a floppy.
lokugh
Download McMackie's Archetype.zip file and open it. The files can be read by a text editor. They might need a little cleaning up, but should be faster than you redoing them.

(EDIT: Ooops, Tanka beat me to it smile.gif )
RedmondLarry
I have what you want, Method, but I have to run to a meeting. Be back in about 3 hours.
RedmondLarry
Check out Archetypes. You may have to set left and right margins when you print.

Unfortunately, my web server is case sensitive about URLs.
Method
Thanks OT. Those will work nicely....

EDIT: and thanks lokugh and tanka and everyone else for the help!!
Ecclesiastes
Always willing to help someone who wants to help out some kids. Good luck man.
Sargasso
Hey, I checked out the archetype sheets and they're great, but there's a lot of errata on the offical page about them. Was the errata taken into account?
RedmondLarry
I'm want the sheets to exactly match the latest printing of the SR3 book. But I have noticed some errors, and am fixing them one by one.

All the latest errata should be included.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012