Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: You can get me what in 4 hours?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Brazila
Has anyone else had an issue come up from the availibility of foci. The force doesn't matter at all, that is crazy! After working his hoop off my mage got ahold of a F10 sustaining foci, and then I was like wait a minute, according to the book, my big acheivement was nothing at all. You can walk into any talismonger's shop and have one overnighted.
RedmondLarry
Well, for 300,000 nuyen a lot of shops would jump at the chance to make a sale. They'd work hard to get you one overnight before you decided to walk away.

After all, some people think it takes months to learn a Force 10 spell, and any mage who wants one should be serviced right away.

/Edit: Yes, I agree the availability code should be higher, depending upon the rating.
Sargasso
Here's another one:

The chipjack expert driver in the Man and Machine book adds its rating in dice to your Task Pool, a new die pool which can be used with know/active/lingua softs, and follows the rules for die pools. It costs .1 essence per rating, and nuyen.gif 5000 per rating. It gives no maximun rating. It also has an availability of 4, which doesn't change by rating.

Decker: "I want a level 30 chipjack expert driver, costing nuyen.gif 150,000 and 3 essence."

Steet Doc: "I have one right here."
RedmondLarry
Maximum rating for CED is 3. According to 4th printing of Man and Machine (errata p. 19).

(Edited to correct FAQ to Errata. I got caught. I tried to fix it before anyone used my bad link.)
Siege
According to supply and demand - I find it unlikely there are a lot of Force 10 foci floating around to be had.

-Siege
Sargasso
I've scoured those FAQs backwards anf forewards. Not that I don't beleive you, but where is it? The find function cannot find any mention of "expert" or "chipjack" on that page.
Tanka
QUOTE (Sargasso)
I've scoured those FAQs backwards anf forewards. Not that I don't beleive you, but where is it? The find function cannot find any mention of "expert" or "chipjack" on that page.

Look, he edited!

Neat.
iPad
Its like phoning your contacts at 3am theyre not always there, sometimes things just arent availible no matter how well you sweet talk things.
Edward
The thing is that availability is supposed to be what represents an items rarity as apposed to the demand. And ares predator has a low availability because there are lots of them around. If something has an availability of 4 hours this is because it can usually be obtained in that much time (counted from when you first inform your contact you want it). So if it is availability time is 4 hours it is on your tails monger’s shelf or if not then his supplier. Now if all focuses have this availability rating that means that there are a large number of force 20 power foci gathering dust. Mostly in places with only moderat security.

Can you say self pointed run.

Can you say house rule.

Take your pick.

Edward
Firewall
I never thought of that. I have stolen from the targets of runs but never actually, in all my time, stolen from a shop; my character just buys what he needs. Well, I suppose robbing a bank is stealing but that was purely Matrix; not even a real run.
Luke Hardison
QUOTE (Sargasso @ Sep 17 2004, 04:44 PM)

Like the man said, it's Eratta. Try the Eratta page instead of the FAQ.

Man & Machine Eratta Look at the third entry.
Sargasso
Yep, I posted right after he did. Found it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012