Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Simultaneous Spellcasting & Focused Concentration
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Morphling The Pretender
I was thinking about the Focused Concentration edge, and when someone in my play group reminded me of the 'casting two or more spells at once' rules, it got me thinking.

When you cast 2 spells at once, you splitting the pool and adding +2 to casting and drain TN. (SR3, 181, under Preparation). When you sustain spells, you get a +2 to casting and drain. (SR3, 178, under Sustained). Am I the only one who sees the similarity? Maybe a character with FC could be allowed to cast 2 spells at the same time while suffering only a +1 to casting and drain.

I was curious to hear what you guys think of the prospects. I think it would be nice, but FC is already good enough, IMHO.
Moon-Hawk
I think that's a very cool idea for a new edge, but focused concentration is powerful enough for its cost, and doesn't need any new functionality. Similarly, I don't think it should have its increased to accomplish both functions, since someone might not want both. Also, because of this new edge's staggering offensive potential, consider increasing the cost of this new edge a bit more than the cost of focused concentration.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012