Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowrun 1st Edition Book
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
JuanGolbez
So, I got a Shadowrun 1st Edition book in mint condition here, but I can't seem to find out what it's worth. I'm a bit hard up at the moment and might be willing to part with it, but I can't get any kind of pricing on it. I'll post a picture later, and I'm not trying to sell here. If I did, I'd do it on Ebay or something. It's just something I'm curious about. I know there are some books on Ebay and I've heard stories of a few really rare ones being worth a bit, so I thought I'd take a look, but can't find anything.
Ancient History
It'll probably go for about 10 bucks, unless it's an uber-rare edition or autographed by someone like Tom Dowd.
Paul
Or <activate bragging ass mode> say Laubenstein, Nelson, Dowd, and Charette....biggrin.gif
GlassJaw
Yeah, they aren't worth much. You'll get $10 if you're lucky. I've been buying a lot of stuff on ebay lately. They are pretty much a dime a dozen. The things that are tougher to get are some of the newer books (especially the 3ed Cyberware book) and Bug City, Universal Brotherhood, and the Denver boxed set.
Tanka
Don't forget Lone Star. That thing sells like a bat out of hell.
JuanGolbez
Word. Thanks guys. I'm surprised I couldnt find it anywhere since they are so common.
Ancient History
Well, I agree that there's not exactly a gross on e-bay right now, but they are relatively easy to find.
Jason Farlander
Considering that you can buy them here brand new (or, well, as "brand new" as an out-of-print book can really be) for $14, I doubt you'd get more than that for it.
GrinderTheTroll
It's funny, that old cover invokes a completely different feeling about SR than I have now, it almost seems like a different game that when I first played it.
Tanka
QUOTE (GrinderTheTroll)
It's funny, that old cover invokes a completely different feeling about SR than I have now, it almost seems like a different game that when I first played it.

It is a different game compared to what it was then. Still a lot more different compared to 2nd Ed.
Sargasso
Part of the reason the SR# archetypes are overwhemlingly non-human is to show off the factyou can finaly play a viable ork, troll, elf and dwarf. Slapping down four of your 10 build points for the honor of playing a troll was a bit much. Playing a troll mage was unheard of.
Tanka
QUOTE (Sargasso)
Part of the reason the SR# archetypes are overwhemlingly non-human is to show off the factyou can finaly play a viable ork, troll, elf and dwarf. Slapping down four of your 10 build points for the honor of playing a troll was a bit much. Playing a troll mage was unheard of.

Oh? I've seen a few.

Then again, we always play with the More Metahumans optional rule. Kind of helps out a little bit, but keeps them from being comparable to a Human. (Spell Points linked to Resources sucked. A lot.)
GrinderTheTroll
QUOTE (tanka)
QUOTE (GrinderTheTroll @ Sep 21 2004, 06:24 PM)

It is a different game compared to what it was then. Still a lot more different compared to 2nd Ed.

Yeah, but it's only some of the rules that changed. Skills and dice tests are the same, I am talking about a more deeply rooted change in the direction FASA and now FP took with it.

Of coarse, I was all spun on AD&D so any other RPG felt like D&D with guns, LOL.
Johnson
I have just sold a taty 1st Edition Rule book I got the equivilent $4.50 for it.

There are some book collectors out there that will buy it you just have to find the right one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012