Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Info overlap between 2nd and 3rd edit.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Thanos007
Do the source books for 3rd edition cover all the info/weapons that were in 2nd edition? For example does Cannon Companion cover all the info in Street Samuria, Fields of Fire, etc? Does the magic source book cover Awakinings and the Grimore? Thanks for your help
Phylos Fett
I'm 99% sure it does.
Ancient History
There were a few, minor exceptions and some major revisements, so not everything was included. I can think of several off the top of my head.
Phylos Fett
But you are The Man, AH! notworthy.gif
Ancient History
Heh. Ego-stroking will get you everywhere.

Seriously though: Corps Cadavre spell, govis, work loa, Moonlight Thorns, those priority D magical adepts, Cornish bards, the Rigger Control Utility (forget the actual name), I'm fairly sure they left the bracer gun and gun-cane out of the Cannon Companion, they let out the eye lenses that were in Cybertechnology; program carriers are defuncto as of Denver, as was Ye Olde MP laser; the matrix and magic sections were so re-done that some things bought the big one and would no longer be possible or relevant...like old Druid rules. they really should update those, make it plaine you can't play a Wu Jen Druid or something.

Oh, and the fetish rules need to be brought back into wack with the obeyifas.
Guest_Thanos007
Seriously though: Corps Cadavre spell, govis, work loa, Moonlight Thorns, those priority D magical adepts, Cornish bards, the Rigger Control Utility (forget the actual name), I'm fairly sure they left the bracer gun and gun-cane out of the Cannon Companion, they let out the eye lenses that were in Cybertechnology; program carriers are defuncto as of Denver, as was Ye Olde MP laser; the matrix and magic sections were so re-done that some things bought the big one and would no longer be possible or relevant...like old Druid rules. they really should update those, make it plaine you can't play a Wu Jen Druid or something.

Oh, and the fetish rules need to be brought back into wack with the obeyifas

Are you saying they left out the Moonlight Thorns and etc. from the various new source books? I've (obviously) been out of the game for some time and am just getting ready to run a new campaine. This is of course after selling all my Shadowrun books and throwing out my notes years ago.
Ancient History
Yeah. No mention since Grimoire 1.0
AK404
QUOTE (Ancient History)
I'm fairly sure they left the bracer gun and gun-cane out of the Cannon Companion

Nope, they're in there. I believe you'll find them under "Special Weapons."
Synner
QUOTE (Ancient History)
Cornish bards

Geesh, gimme just a little longer.
Ancient History
Alright, but just a little!
motorfirebox
i've heard that, with astral perception, a weapon focus, and a readied action, you could somehow attack a spell that was cast in 2nd edtion, destroying it or something. i know there's nothing like that in 3rd.
Synner
Nope, IIRC you could intercept an incoming spell with Astral Combat only if you were Projecting and had a ready action (were delaying), though you did not need any weapons.
Stormdrake
Whats the deal with dropping spell locks in the 3rd edition? Did something else replace it?
Synner
Sustaining foci replaced spell locks for Game Balance reasons. You'll find several threads on the main Forum and on the old Forums on the matter.
Phasma Felis

The bracer gun, gun cane, and MP laser are all in Cannon Companion. If by "eye lenses" you mean cybereye covers, those are in the 3rd edition main book. Don't know anything about the rest.

The vast majority of all game-mechanical stuff from previous editions is still around, and has been consolidated into a few information-dense books. However, most of the "fluff"--shadowtalk, images, and so forth--is removed. For some things, it's worth it to own both editions, 3rd for the mechanics and 2nd for the flavor.

Cybertechnology is my favorite example--there's a load of great fiction in it, and the cyberware illustrations are the best I've seen in Shadowrun, although the rest of the art sucks to make up for it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012