Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What do muscle upgrades look like?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Botch
Now I know Bizarre magazine is not to everybody's taste, but this month it has an article the man who held the Guiness Book of Records for the largest biceps. The side view of his arms held straight down is quite disturbing. If you want to curb a munchkins desire for super-strength show him these pics of some grotesque arms, maybe it will help a little

We have used this magazine for "mood pictures" pretty much since it was launched in the UK. We have found that the "death" pictures can help bring home the ramifications of "hack'n'slash" and "take the heads for headware" running.

Kill thread if it is unsuitable, just thought people might want a photo of "super-arms"
Jason Farlander
Is this the guy you're talking about?
Botch
Yep, should see his arms when they are held straight. Looks like he stuffed a can of soup under each bicep/tricep.
Botch
Oh, and there is a photo of a genuine, documented, winged cat. No, it isn't alive anymore, the locals denounced it as a sending of the devil and drowned it.
mfb
drat. my dark master's plans to take over the world with legions of flying cats is foiled yet again.
the_dunner

my dark master's plans to take over the world with legions of flying cats is foiled yet again.

Your dark master? Heh, I've read that story:

Sluggy and Winged Kittens

Storyline starts back here:
Kitten II

I'll leave it as an exercise for the reader to find the original Kitten storyline.
Jason Farlander
Again, for those without access to the magazine, I believe this is the "winged cat" Botch is talking about. To me, at least, that picture is rather far from being convincing. But whatever.
Herald of Verjigorm
Do a bit of research. The "Winged cats" that have been examined are the victims of a very unpleasant variety of skin failure. Their skin will break open at the slightest touch (not always, but very little force is needed) and one of the consequenses of that seems to be healing in odd manners. One of the odd manners is the "wing" effect.

This does not inherently disprove the potential of cats growing wings and taking over the world, but merely that all examined cases have been something much less pleasant for the cats in question.
Ezra
@ Herald - Nothing is too unpleasant to happen to cats. biggrin.gif

Back on topic - Using that magazine is up to you, but IMHO, teflon braiding in your existing muscles, and cyberware is not going to look that big. The whole idea is that the teflon braid and/or/ cyberware is going to be better, stronger and more efficient. You simply shouldn't need to get your arms that big to get that strong.

Sure, they'll look bigger than normal, or a little more blocky and unnatural, but I just don't see why a super-strong munchkin would have to have arms that big.
snowRaven
Well, if we are talking about a genetically altered, steroid pumping, blessed-by-nature cyberfreak, then...maybe he needs to look like that.

(That is: Exceptional Strength Edge, Phenotypic Alteration(Strength), strength attribute maxed out by steroids and karma and tailored training, and add Muscle Replacement Lvl 4. Final Strength 12(16). If your GM allows the combination, but an Adrenal Pump and a Suprathyroid Gland in on that, and you're good to go! (Especially if it's the improved versions a certain LA gang has access too...)
Zenmaxer
unless of course the munchkin prefers bloody huge arms. :: grins ::
Most munchkins would only be encouraged by that.
mrobviousjosh
QUOTE (snowRaven)
Well, if we are talking about a genetically altered, steroid pumping, blessed-by-nature cyberfreak, then...maybe he needs to look like that.

(That is: Exceptional Strength Edge, Phenotypic Alteration(Strength), strength attribute maxed out by steroids and karma and tailored training, and add Muscle Replacement Lvl 4. Final Strength 12(16). If your GM allows the combination, but an Adrenal Pump and a Suprathyroid Gland in on that, and you're good to go! (Especially if it's the improved versions a certain LA gang has access too...)

Just imagine if you use a cyclops as a base creature with their inherent +6 STR.
Voran
On a slightly off topic note....

If it really were a spawn of Satan, wouldn't the kitty be harder to kill. Wonder if anyone felt guilty about it afterwards.. Like the stories of Salem witch trials.

"If she weighs more than a duck, she's made of wood, and therefore a witch"

No...wait...

Solstice
QUOTE (Voran)

"If she weighs more than a duck, she's made of wood, and therefore a witch"

Villager: (very slowly, with pauses between each word)

If...she...weighs the same as a duck......she's made of wood.

Bedevere: and therefore...

(pause)

Villager: A Witch!

All Villagers: A WITCH!

VILLAGER #4: Here is a duck. Use this duck.

[quack quack quack]

BEDEVERE: We shall use my largest scales.

CROWD: Ohh! Ohh! Burn the witch! Burn the witch! Burn her! Burn her!

Burn her! Burn her! Burn her! Burn her! Burn her! Ahh! Ahh...

BEDEVERE: Right. Remove the supports!

[whop]

[clunk]

[creak]

CROWD: A witch! A witch! A witch!

WITCH: It's a fair cop.

VILLAGER #3: Burn her!

CROWD: Burn her! Burn her! Burn her! Burn! Burn!...

BEDEVERE: Who are you who are so wise in the ways of science?

ARTHUR: I am Arthur, King of the Britons.

ROFL!!! rotfl.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012