Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC: Bounty Hunt
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Shadow
Sahara stiffens at the dwarfs remarks. Her tail twitches erratically to the left and right as her eyes narrow.

"That's mighty big of you Grizzly, I guess we can deal with letting his family know. Whatever were going to do lets just do it."
BishopMcQ
"Alright, we can sort the business with Gun out later, right now we need to get off the street. Everybody in the car." Sydney growls lightly and begins herding the team to the large SUV. After everyone is safely secured, she pulls into the street and heads for Capital Hill. The area is a little nicer with softer edges around everything awakened and furry.

The pseudo-vamp changeling pulls into the parking lot for the Paradise-O, nods to the large Fomori standing at the door.

"Hey Golice, quiet night? We need to use the back room."

"Yah, only Trace and that stooo-pid skateboard. Talk to Maggie." The large troll replies back with a thick Scottish accent. He's wearing the MacBain family colors on his kilt and the color rushes into Sydney's face as he reads his shirt. Have you f***ed a Scotsman today?

Inside, Maggie Mae is as surly as ever, tending the bar with hair a color red not found in nature pulled back tightly. Her arm was still in a cast from the ganger's that trashed the bar a few week's back, but they had been sorted out as quickly as the bar was put back in order. Ordering a tall Blue Drink, Sahara checks if the back room was available for about an hour.
Ecclesiastes
"No prob, babe. Head on back."
Shadow
Sahara nodded, bighting back the retort at the being called 'babe'.
BishopMcQ
Sydney thanks Maggie and pays for her drink. Moving down the length of the bar, past the regulars and towards the back room. Opening the door to the back, reveals a large conference table with chairs around the edges for ten.

"Alright, this room should be clean so let's talk and figure out what we're doing. Darien needs time to get the plans and someone needs to get in touch with Suede about his interaction with our mark. Grizzly, Jaws what did you two find out?"
Whizbang
Leaving the others to catch up in detail on the plans of the day, Darien made himself at home and set about searching for the sewer plans.
gobogen
Jaws sits down and you can barely see his bearded face (with no mustache), so he decides to stand on his knees in his seat to speak, as he sometimes has to do. Leaning on his left because of an old wound that never healed, he has to put his arms on the table to stay balanced.

"Well, we did some reconnaissance in the area of the attacks. I found that a manhole in particular was tainted with dark auras, so it is probably one of the places from where our target attacks its victims. That indicates that it might reside in the sewers, or at least it uses it to flee from the public eye and escape potential pursuits. Grizzly found a good place to observe everything from atop a building. It would be, amongst other things, a great sniping spot and a good place to have someone looking over and coordinating a potential attack on our target. Grizzly might want to add to that - I might be forgetting something - but I think that's about it."
Sphynx
Grizzly steps up, and gives a quick overview to support Jaw's initial layout. "We're positive that this is the primary site the target uses. I've scouted all the surrounding neighborhoods thoroughly, and this is the only location where the mana is definitively tainted. Our objective should be a complete data-scouting of the underground area there. Sewer, water drainage, old transit lines, etc. We need to figure out where he's lairing up, what sort of defense he would have implemented, and the best backdoor into his place. We need to remove his homeground advantage, and then find an advantage of our own. Right now, storming into the lair through the obvious opening would surely result in 100% casualties, a percent I'm not comfortable with. Most of our research should be public domain, no need for Mr Hacker, meaning we should be able to do this ourselves. Sound good?"
gobogen
"Sounds good to me. Although we will do our best to find all the data, we should also plan to spy on him and perhaps try to elaborate a plan to lure him out of there. That's definitely the best way to take away the homeground advantage. I think a few of us should come with me and stay up on the rooftop all night in case we see our target coming out. For now, we don't even know what it looks like and if there's more than one - which is somewhat likely since I've heard they can have spawns. During daytime, we'll go talk to the right people and gather information. For now, what did you guys find exactly ?"
BishopMcQ
"I placed some calls that may still pan out, but Darien found the name of the guy who arranged for the LTG number to get wiped. We have the broker's P-sec and the name of who called in the job. Darien can you lay out the specifics?"
grendel
Shark stepped over the body of the ganger, blood streaming from his hands. His face was a ghastly rictus, a jagged cut that gaped to the bone over his left eye still healing. Blood gummed the tatters of his shirt, torn to shreds by the multiple knife wounds incurred in the course of battle. Only one ganger remained standing, out of the two dozen original members of the Scourge. He stared at Shark with wide eyes and chemical shakes, knife held icepick style in his left hand. Shark slung his hand to the side.

"The others are dead because I was hungry. You're dead because I want you to be."
Whizbang
"Give me a minute...might as well get the plans now, and do our planning all at once." Darien said. Minutes later, he got back to the group with the plans. "Now... as Sydney said, I tracked the erase order, which lead to one, Jacks. Together with the girls, we acquired Jacks' pocket secretary. According to him, the request was called in by Suede. Apparently a fixer Shark uses. May very well alert Shark if we call her. I could track the LTG, and see about finding an address to go with it, and we could try visiting in person."
Whizbang
Darien waits for any feedback.
gobogen
"I think that it's a good idea to pay a visit to Suede to get more information. For tonight, we could try to spy on our target from the rooftops, as I said before. Maybe we could learn something this way. Seeing what our target looks like first is a definite plus, too. Who would be up for a long cold night out ??"
BishopMcQ
"I'll go with you to babysit the alley. If this guy is a vampire he will probably look a little different from the normal homeless people to my eyes. Anyone got a thermos I can fill up with some coffee?"
Whizbang
"I'll see if I can get anything on this Suade figure, then, unless I get sidetracked again, I'll come join you guys."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012