Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mount Shasta
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
toturi
Halfway down the page

Mount Shasta's a dormant volcano, why the hell Hestaby would put her lair on a bloody dormant volcano that erupts every so often?
Kanada Ten
Well, she's not the only dragon to lair in a volcano (Ryumyo had Mount Fuji and Ehran the Scribe 'lairs' in Mount Saint Helens), plus dragon magic has shown power levels able quell such seismic activities (Lung in Year of the Comet).

I'd guess she took Mount Shasta as her lair to prevent Tir from taking it. Mount Shasta is part of the Ring of Fire power configuration that Ryumyo was manipulating, and is also a significant power site all its own. Keeping it has helped her contain Tir (and possibly invert their Locus at Crater Lake), and gives her access to the Ring of Fire's immense power. Now that she has total control over the power site and has aspected its magic to her personally, I don't think anything short of a massive Ritual Attack could cause Mount Shasta to blow.
FlakJacket
QUOTE (Kanada Ten)
...and Ehran the Scribe 'liars' in Mount Saint Helens)

Freudian slip? biggrin.gif
toturi
QUOTE (Kanada Ten @ Oct 2 2004, 11:04 AM)
(and possibly invert their Locus at Crater Lake),

I think you meant subvert. Invert means she plucked it out and shoved it top down into the ground. biggrin.gif
Kanada Ten
Freudian slip?

Sadly, no, it's something much closer to bad spelling, worse proofreading.

I think you meant subvert. Invert means she plucked it out and shoved it top down into the ground.

I mean invert, though in the sense of function not physically. A locus gives off or stores mana. Hestaby (I presume) inverted the function so that it now draws in mana from the surroundings, much like Strain III.
toturi
Are you by any chance an electrical or computer engineer? Hestaby inverted the polarity of the Locus?
Kanada Ten
Are you by any chance an electrical or computer engineer?

No, but I do tend to distill magical items operation into a flow chart. So maybe?

Hestaby inverted the polarity of the Locus?

That's my guess, largely becasue Tir seemed surpirsed when it happened, and that she now seems to have some sort of leverage over them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012