Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spinrad
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Synner
For anyone interested, the most recent upload to the Shadowrun RPG website includes the profile on Johnny Spinrad originally printed in Games Unplugged and now available for free. It obviously gives some insight into his early years and why he's doing what he's doing, but it also sheds some light on how things got to the current state of affairs.

Have fun...
Toa
Synner:
Great stuff! biggrin.gif
Austere Emancipator
Shadowrun RPG website
Ancient History
Heeerrrre's Johnny!
Fortune
> I guess it'll be a test to his social skills and connections. Some people will keep him at a distance, though I'll bet you will be surprised at how many will stick by his side. Remember, everyone on the Tour keeps their cards close to their chest.
> Church

As in Jason Church?
otaku mike
I guess it was written before the final edits of SoE, so some typos passed through.
FYI, "Echèque" is the same guy as "Echec" that did the history section of SoE (SoE, p.8.). And the quakes that destroyed Monaco and the Grimaldi family happened in 2043 (SoE, p.81 & p.88).
Maybe I missed some other stuff, but I think that was the only typos.
Nath
QUOTE (otaku mike)
And the quakes that destroyed Monaco and the Grimaldi family happened in 2043 (SoE, p.81 & p.88).

Though 2028 is also the date given in Sprawl Survival Guide p.77 rollin.gif
Ancient History
QUOTE (Fortune)
> I guess it'll be a test to his social skills and connections. Some people will keep him at a distance, though I'll bet you will be surprised at how many will stick by his side. Remember, everyone on the Tour keeps their cards close to their chest.
> Church

As in Jason Church?

I'm thinking Priest.
Fortune
That'd be my guess as well. I just wanted confirmation. He doesn't pop up in shadowtalk a lot.

Hey AH, how much has he had to say over the years?
FlakJacket
Soze? I was going to ask if he had a brother or relative named Kaiser but then noticed is was slightly different. wink.gif
Black Isis
Simon Church/Jason Chase/Priest are all the same person, people.... smile.gif Read Night's Pawn again. smile.gif
Fortune
Yes I know. wink.gif

I am interested in his opinions as expressed in official shadowtalk. smile.gif

[edit]I realize now that I mixed the names up. Hey, I fell right into his trap. What can I say? grinbig.gif [/edit]
Demonseed Elite
Great stuff! Reminds me of the old days of SR and the archetypal characters back then.
Ancient History
Heh. I know. Priest has put in a lot more appearences recently, usually with the calm, professional, "Information isn't free, but I have a price list available." attitude.
Fortune
LOL. He's definitely near the top of my list of favorite shadowrun characters. biggrin.gif
Synner
Note the man might simply go by different names in different theatres...

OtakuMike's comments are also correct since they reflect changes made during editing on SOE long after this article was originally published in Games Unplugged. I'll see to making adjustments as soon as I settle back in from vacations.
HMHVV Hunter
QUOTE (Black Isis)
Simon Church/Jason Chase/Priest are all the same person, people.... smile.gif Read Night's Pawn again. smile.gif

I loved that book!
HMHVV Hunter
QUOTE (Ancient History)
Heh. I know. Priest has put in a lot more appearences recently, usually with the calm, professional, "Information isn't free, but I have a price list available." attitude.

Strange; I don't remember him being like that in "Night's Pawn."
Ancient History
Be fair. He was like that in the beginning, but ithe book got progressively more personal. He was very professional throughout, ye must admit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012