Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shattergraves and Ghouls
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
tj333
Having read the booki Changeling a player of mine that likes ghouls wants to base his ghoul character out of the shattergraves to begin with.

So the question is where do I find out more about the Shattergraves?
the_dunner
The Shattergraves were originally detailed in the Chicago section of The Neo Anarchist's Guide to Northa America (NAGNA). IIRC, they were contained within the portion of Chicago that was later isolated and detailed in Bug City. The most recent update of Chicago is a portion of Shadows over North America.
BitBasher
and actually IIRC even ghouls stay out of the shattergraves because the backgrount is so bad it makes them uncomfortable. I could be wrong, but I remember reading that.
Kanada Ten
The Shattergraves are mentioned in Bug City as attracting various unusual magical creatures, and while it may somewhere mention Ghouls avoiding it prior to Strain III's release some of them may have taken refeuge there from it - which would not have worked long since Strain III would seek out such an area to feed off the Background count. Though, Target: Awakenlands mentions that all the Ghouls are dead or gone from Chicago because of FAB.
tj333
Thanks fo the help and updates people.
Now its off to the local hobby shop.
Ombre
Don't forget Target:UCAS: there is a good chapter about ghouls and the HMHVV-Krieger strain...
FlakJacket
Can't be certain but I'm fairly sure that there was a smal bit about the shattergraves in the back of Target: Awakened Lands.
RedmondLarry
Does anyone know if the Ghosts at the Shattergraves were destroyed by FAB III, fled to a metaplane to wait, or somehow killed off FAB III? If the Ghosts are gone, perhaps Chicago can rebuild the site.
Kanada Ten
QUOTE (OurTeam)
Does anyone know if the Ghosts at the Shattergraves were destroyed by FAB III, fled to a metaplane to wait, or somehow killed off FAB III? If the Ghosts are gone, perhaps Chicago can rebuild the site.

I don't recall ghosts even mentioned since Bug City, but it is a very interesting question, one that might tie into exactly why Stain III still survives after much of the magic is gone. Considering that numerous magical critters took refuge in the Shattergraves, is it possible they have created a barrier to protect the area from FAB? Is that barrier some type of magical construct, becoming thus a deterrent and a draw for the bacteria? A barrier which might even provide sustenance while preventing it from gaining access to those now trapped inside having to continually maintain the shield. It would likely come under attack by those seeking to 'free' Chicago of such things as the Shattergraves and Ghouls, Ghosts and Insects...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012