Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The sword is over the soul's edge
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2
Raiko
I'll try and get a rigger to you today, as nobody else has expressed any interest.

No promises though, I haven't got a BECKS character handy.
Whizbang
note, Dawn-Treader is a griffin shaman, not a gator shaman...also hunted by the Yaks.
Sphynx
You should have the background for FlatTop in the 2nd email I sent you. If not, lemme know, I'll resend.

Sphynx
Whizbang
Brick claimed Gun...and Sphynx and I had already been meshing backgrounds...seems that we're good to go on partners...
Raiko
Are you still after a rigger? Or has Sphynx taken that slot?

I'm afraid that I won't be able to get a character in for tonight (my wife had other jobs planned frown.gif), but if you still need a rigger and you're prepared to extend the deadline by 24 hours then I definitely won't let you down.

Sphynx
I'm an Adept, not a Rigger. wink.gif

Sphynx
Raiko
I'm an Adept, not a Rigger.wink.gif

Sphynx

Doh! Missed that somehow. biggrin.gif
Wutasumi
QUOTE (Raiko)
Are you still after a rigger? Or has Sphynx taken that slot?

I'm afraid that I won't be able to get a character in for tonight (my wife had other jobs planned frown.gif), but if you still need a rigger and you're prepared to extend the deadline by 24 hours then I definitely won't let you down.

Can you do it by 6 PM?
Wutasumi
QUOTE (Sphynx @ Oct 14 2004, 05:13 AM)
You should have the background for FlatTop in the 2nd email I sent you.  If not, lemme know, I'll resend.

Sphynx

You did, sorry, I missed the attatchment.

Oh, and for future referance people, could you send future (non chara) files in MS word or Notepad or something?

Ok:

Flattop McDraw: A PhysAd forced into the shadows by the Yaks, who captured him and forced him into Urban Brawl.
Raiko
Can you do it by 6 PM?

If that's EST, then yes I think so (it'll be 1am here).

edit: sorry miscounted, it would be 11pm here possibly not, I could within another hour or two.
Wutasumi
Ok then, 9PM.
Raiko
Thanks, I'll make sure I don't let you down. smile.gif

Wutasumi
Ok! Great!

Oh, and anyone you partner with, we'll assume you went on a run with. Feel free to make up what it was yourself.
Shadow
QUOTE (Wutasumi)
"Gun" The knife weilding fighter, forced into hiding by the Yaks.

Eh, there were no Yaks in his history, he works for the Mafia. H eis simply doing some freelance work at the moment. Or is the hiding thing part of the storyline?
Wutasumi
QUOTE (Shadow)
QUOTE (Wutasumi @ Oct 13 2004, 05:05 PM)
"Gun" The knife weilding fighter, forced into hiding by the Yaks.

Eh, there were no Yaks in his history, he works for the Mafia. H eis simply doing some freelance work at the moment. Or is the hiding thing part of the storyline?

Sorry, ok you're doing freelance work for the mob, and...

Where the HELL did I get YAKS from?

Whizbang
Perhaps you were reading my background?
Wutasumi
maybe... Though, I suspect tiredness last night had more to do with it.
Wutasumi
Ok, first post is in 45 min.
Raiko
Sending Praetorian Now
Wutasumi
Damn that wasn't 45 min....

I hate powerouts.
Sphynx
QUOTE (Wutasumi)
Flattop McDraw: A PhysAd forced into the shadows by the Yaks, who captured him and forced him into Urban Brawl.

First, it's McGraw. nyahnyah.gif

Secondly, I think the Mob put me in the Urban Brawl, I'm hunted by the Yaks because they found out that I was also Hunted by the Mob (who seeks to reinsert me into Urban Brawl). I'm Hunted by UCAS because they believe I have information on the Mob from my connections, and I'm Hunted by the NSA for knowing too much about who wants who. I'm Hunted by ... hell, let's just say he has more Hunted flaw points than he has Wits. wink.gif
Hemlok
Oh that's lovely to know...
Wutasumi
Ok, to stop you and brick from being mortal enemys, THE YAKS, UCAS, AND THE NSA are after you, not the mob.
Hemlok
Just so long as we never have to meet at one of my places, I'm fine.
Hemlok
I'm holding off on further posting until Gun says something.
Whizbang
Unless Sphynx has further comments, think we're ready to move on to the scene of the crime.
Hemlok
How do you want us to do OOC stuff like dice rolling?
Wutasumi
Roll anything that obviously requires a check.
Whizbang
Out of curiosity, do you ever use your MSN?
Hemlok
Okay, I got the following accompanied with a browse utility, rating 6, knocks the TN down by 6 if I understand correctly and a hacking pool of six thrown in for good measure:

9 8 5 4 3 3 2 2 2 1 1 1

Sphynx
Perception roll:

3, 3, 5
Whizbang
So what numbers add up to perception?
Sphynx
Intelligence = Perception
Whizbang
Physical perception 07 05 04 02 01 01

Astral perception 15 05 04 04 01 01 can toss in Aura reading dice, if it would help with ascensing the body.

Is it just me or does NSRCG have a tendency to toss out one good roll, a couple average ones, and some ones?
Shadow
So here are some rolls for what I did IC:

Info from Julias [lvl 1 contact]

Etiquette [2]

10 07

To get past the sec guards he will use intimidation (unless there Cops in which case he will use guile and stealth)

Intimidation [6]

17 07 05 05 02 01

If they are cops

Stealth [4]

10 04 03 03
Wutasumi
Due to personal issues, I will not be able to post untill wedsday 27th.
Wutasumi
Ok, make that able to post once untill the 27th.
Hemlok
Not really sure what to roll since I can't seem to find my Shadowrun Companion, but I'm assuming it'd be ettiquette. Since Shadowland is a level two contact, I might be entitled to an extra dice, but I'm not entirely sure. I rolled 5, 2, 2, (1) with the one being the last die I rolled in case I only should've used 3.
Whizbang
Still waiting for a response on what I found...
Sphynx
Ditto....
Wutasumi
Sorry.
Whizbang
I rolled a physical perception roll up above in the same post as my astral projection. Unless you need another one.
Wutasumi
GAh!
Whizbang
btw, do you ever use your MSN messenger?
Hemlok
If I wanted to find any information, even just as generic stuff as other stuff posted to Shadowland by the user, about the person that contacted me, what test would that be? Also, Industrial park in which part of town, which corp's, anything like that?
Sphynx
Is it at all possible to be more descriptive of what FlatTop sees? Like, what's the Turret look like? Is it open-air, are there a number of guards in each one? How many? What sort of guns are we looking at? How do the guards enter the Turrets if they are open air (Ie: stairs on the outside, doorway to a 'balcony')? Etc, etc.
Wutasumi
Damnit!
Ok, I need to stop slipping about this.

Ok, you have to meet in the industral park in the Saddur-Krupp (sp?) corperation. I can't remember where that is, so lets assume it's close. If it's not even in califorinia by the book, then it appears by magic. It's new or something.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012