Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The sword is over the soul's edge
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2
Wutasumi
Ok, this thread is for character creation and any ooc comments for my SR game of the title you clicked.

Playing here, and need characters.

I'd like Character Creation to use BeCKSv2 and if you have the NSCRG If you would mail the file to me that'd be great. I would like to start by the 18th of october.

Ideal party for this.
1 Decker
2 Street Samies or PAs
1 Rigger
1 Magicly Inclined

Going for 2xpost/day however one will be fine.
Shadow
I havent played a strait up Street sam in forever. Any other character creation rules?
Whizbang
Standard Availability 8 cap?
Sabosect
BeCKSv2? I'd like to cover the magically inclined, but the acronyms have me wondering.
Whizbang
Wow...RPers do exist in Alabama...what part?
Shadow
QUOTE (Sabosect)
BeCKSv2? I'd like to cover the magically inclined, but the acronyms have me wondering.

Becks is an alternate character generation system that uses karma instead of points.

You can learn more about it at TSS, Adam's most excellent mag.
Wutasumi
Thanks for covering that Shadow.

I live in Motgomery, but I don't believe I qualify as a Alabama SRer because I moved here a week ago from Columbus Ohio.

9 Cap on the avalibility.

Oh, and I'm a bit anal about backgrounds. Length dosn't matter but it has to be decent. Also don't take amenisia (sp?) because if you can't come up with a good reason, decent things that happened AFTER you got it, I won't accept him/her.
Fortune
Unifying background? Setting? Details man, details! wink.gif
Shadow
Np, welcome to DSF btw.

Another common question: What books can we use?
Whizbang
I live in Oxford...about 3 hours northeast of Montgomery. I'm a transplant as well...originally from upstate New York.
Wutasumi
You can use any books incuding Second Edition ones.

Setting: California Free State, San Fran, Year 2060.

That's pretty barebones, but it should be enough for character creation.
Whizbang
hmm...have a griffin shaman I could submit...but the char sheet is using priority. Of course, that's assuming we're not going to be working for the Yazuka... *has the Hunted (Yazuka) flaw*
Wutasumi
No. You are not working for the Yaks, but you ARE in Yak central.

Go ahead and submit.
Rokur
Well, this looks interesting... (mostly the title is anyway) so... another question, is it standard 425 points for chars? also are we a gelled team or individual runners?
Hemlok
I think I'll be going for the Decker slot.
Whizbang
what email do you want stuff sent to?
Sabosect
Hmm. This is beginning to look like I was too slow for the slot.

I'm going over my already-generated character to see if it fits within the karma guidelines provided.
Shadow
I've got a knife fighting Mafia enforcer for the Street sam slot, I just need an email to send it too.
Sphynx
If nobody objects, I've been wanting to play a dwarven Phys Ad, I'll cook one up and turn it in. smile.gif

Sphynx
gobogen
I'd really like to take one of the street sam slots. I'll think of something. When's the deadline for character submission ? And is it first submitted gets the slot ?
Sphynx
QUOTE (Whizbang)
hmm...have a griffin shaman I could submit...but the char sheet is using priority. Of course, that's assuming we're not going to be working for the Yazuka... *has the Hunted (Yazuka) flaw*

Hey, we should work together a bit, I'm also hunted by the Yaks. wink.gif
Ouchies
still need a decker?
Wutasumi
Infividual runners. I want it at the email linked to my profile, metalage2 AT yahoo.com If I don't get a NSCRG file or a typed chara sheet, then I don't count it. As such, all slots are open.

Yes, standard 425.
Wutasumi
Ok, thanks shadow, your character is accepted, but, I don't see how you got a 10 STR naturaly. Could you please explain this to me, as last I checked you can only take Exceptional Str once.
Whizbang
what variety of NSRCG file do you want? The basic one, html, or xml?
Wutasumi
HTML Would be nice.
Wutasumi
Ok, just so you know, I have one Shaman, and one Street Sam.

Still need
-------------
1 Phys Adept/ Sam
1 Decker
1 Rigger
Hemlok
Should be done with the decker tonight, and if not, by tomorrow evening then.
Shadow
Right:

I had two edges, Increased str and increased racial max (str)
And then I got Muscle Aug 4
Sphynx
I've turned in a Phys Ad for the Samurai/PA slot.

Sphynx
Wutasumi
Ok, Whizbang turned in the other Sam before you did, so would you mind playing another chara Sphynx?
SoyKaf Adict
Wow... I come looking for a game, and I just happen upon this... Unfortunately I don't have anything created but A "Face"... Who has amnesia(Call me Mr. Spellcheck) because his past is just too painful to remember, therefore he has flashbacks every now and again... It's all listed in his page biography. If you think The Face would be an all right archetype for this game I can send you his information that I made through NSRCG (I love that program) I'd do a Street Sam, because I'm no good at Magics.
Wutasumi
Sorry, but all my Street Sam and Phys Adept slots are taken.

Or is "Face" an archtype I don't know about? By the way you type it it kinda sounds like that.
Shadow
A 'Face' is usually the front man. He is the guy who does the negotiations, makes the deals. etc. In smaller teams they often have duel rolls like face/b&e or Face/Sam.

Bigger teams boast dedicated faces. I am not sure where the term originated but the first time I ever heard it was on the A-Team. It was the character played by Dirk Benedict (Starbuck from Battlestar Galactica).
Wutasumi
Ahhh... Ok, sure, I can take 6 people, and you will need a negoator for some things.
Hemlok
Decker sent.
Wutasumi
Care to add a background Hem?
Hemlok
I swear I had one...I was having screwy karma problems and I guess I had to revert to an older version without one to fix it. I'll retype it and send it to you ASAP.
Wutasumi
No problem
SoyKaf Adict
Ok... Something screwy about changing my character over from SUM to 10, to BeCKS because now I have a 6+ in every attribute eek.gif
gobogen
Wow... I see that I was just not fast enough ... I think it's kind of sad that you choose people on a first-come first picked basis since it's been only 2-3 days or so that your thread is up. It doesn't leave a whole lot of time to develop a well-defined and interesting character.

I was working on the background of a cool Troll Street Sam but I guess that'll have to go to another game now... thanks anyways for starting a game. Sorry I couldn't make it in time.
SoyKaf Adict
I think I'm gonna have to pull out my "Face" character, it got majorly screwed up because of the BeCKS and now I gotta fix 'im.
Wutasumi
If it's really good I can probably kick someone, but it has to be a "DAMN I NEED THIS GUY!!!!" good.

PS. SoyKaf, that's beacause BeCKS tends ta get you more points then Sum to ten.
Wutasumi
Ok... Hem, I got your new message. It still didn't have a background. Could you just type it in the actual Email?
Hemlok
Gah...Sure. Getting a little frustrated with the program. My apologies if it seems like I'm mad at you though.
Wutasumi
It dosn't, I'm as frustrated as you are.

Thanks for the background, consider yourself accepted.
Wutasumi
I believe the rigger is all that you could want left. I will accept characters untill
12:01 AM "Friday" EST. (GMT - 5:00) At around 12:30, the first post will come up.

Everyone who is accepted, make small groups of two. Single if RP demands it.

We will likely go one chapter with whoever you pick as your partner. This could take as much as a week, to as little as 2 days.
Wutasumi
For your referance.

"Brick": The decker, forced to a life of shadows by loan sharks.
FlatTop McGraw: A Physical Adept, who forgot his background.
"Gun" The knife weilding fighter, forced into hiding by the Yaks.
"Dawn Treader": A Gator Shaman.

Damn it, did I miss someone?
Hemlok
Gun seems like the best match for Brick so I'll saddle up with him if I'm guessing Shadow doesn't disapprove.
Shadow
Nope.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012