Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dashifen Character Record System
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Dashifen
Don't know how else, really, to tap into my user base so I thought I'd just post. For those of you who don't know it, the Dashifen Character Record System (DCRS) is a database-driven site for storing character and game information online at my web site. I've also be redesigning it for flash compatibility and a much more program-like interface for the last two and a half months (almost more time that it took me to do it the first time!!) What I wanted to know is if people out there are still using it? So, let me know. If people are using it then I'll keep working and you all can bare with me ( nyahnyah.gif ) but if others aren't really using it, then I'm going to put it back together again in a way that makes sense to me and then maybe allow others back in on it later. Comments?
Fygg Nuuton
ive tested with it a bit, and when i get a real campaign going i will totally use it extensively wink.gif
Nikoli
I'm still using it and would love to see Palm flash player compatibility when you finish the Flash version.
Dashifen
palm flash player --- i don't know anything about it. Can you PM me a link w/ information? Can your palm run PHP/MySQL because right now I'm using the PHPObject project from SourceForge to communicate between Flash and the database (that's what takes so damn long, too).
Nikoli
I doubt it can and you can find all the info on the Pal OS Dev site.

Making it Palm friendly would go a long way towards making this a more useable app I think, since Flash is useable on both Palm and Windows CE IIRC. Not everyone has a laptop or wireless connection. And I know I don't play in a room with adequate AC to leave even one computer on all the time. (My group plays in my complex's business center, since 2 players smoke and my wife doesn't want the smell in the furniture (or the butts on our porch)).
The Question Man
Finding it a greatGM aid. Especially when the PCs do something unexpected or do not take the job.

Thank you , Thank you, Thank you, Thank you , Thank you, Thank you, Thank you , Thank you, Thank you, etc...

QM
Spookymonster
Nikoli,

I can't find anything about a PalmOS Flash player on the dev site link you mentioned. Likewise, Macromedia's website doesn't include a download for PalmOS. Can you provide some additonal details?

[edit] I did find one reference stating that the Sony Cleo's were going to ship with a Flash player built in. However, that sounds more like a hardware solution, not something the average Palm user could download to their PDA.
Nikoli
It might beable to use normal flash (haven't found many flash proggy's worth loading)
the thing that sent up a mental flag for me was PHP support.
Dashifen
QUOTE (Nikoli)
It might beable to use normal flash (haven't found many flash proggy's worth loading)
the thing that sent up a mental flag for me was PHP support.

Yup. That's what I'm worried about, too. I'll do some work but right now the flash app is database driven and relies on PHP sessions to deal with a lot of the what-character-am-I-dealing-with kind of questions.
Nikoli
Sad.
I had such hopes for not needing my laptop and a live connection.
Shadow
I use it Dash.

I would use it more if I ran a table top game smile.gif
Feonyx
As soon as my smeghead players finalise their characters I'm adding them all and once I get used to the system I'll start generating campaigns with your awesome generators smile.gif

Feonyx
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012