Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A place called Earth? Who needs it!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
blakkie
Shadowrun the game is intertwined closely with Shadowrun the story, which in turn is obviously heavily dependant on the planet Earth. But that is not to say you couldn't land your game some other sci-fish fantasy location. I've seen mention of at least one non-standard date game (not in the middle of the 21st century). What are you folks doing out there? I'd like to hear.
Wutasumi
Mine is set on what is basicly a rip-off of Trigun, and a sprinkle of Cowboy Bebop, with just a dash of the zaniness of FLCL.

Yes, I watch too much anime.
Axe
I'm running a 'vanilla' SR game, but I've been entertaining the idea of an alternate universe where the awakening came around 200 years early. Mix in slightly advanced (for the period) technology like The Difference Engine or League of Extrodinary Gentlemen and I figure you'd have a cool campaign setting.
Tal
I had an FFVII theme going for a little while, based in Midgar. Worked pretty well.
toturi
I set mine on P34-353J. biggrin.gif
Wutasumi
QUOTE (toturi)

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?! dead.gif dead.gif dead.gif dead.gif dead.gif dead.gif
blakkie
QUOTE (Wutasumi)
QUOTE (toturi @ Oct 13 2004, 07:52 PM)

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?! dead.gif dead.gif dead.gif dead.gif dead.gif dead.gif
Tal
You set your SR on an empty desert world?
Wutasumi
Ahhh... I've only seen the movie.

Besides, I hate google.
toturi
Hey, it was an Atlantean dig run.
Thistledown
At least it's not P3X-451
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012