Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bio Rejection vs Sensitive System
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
DrJest
Long-standing nitpick, this one, but I thought I'd see what you guys thought about it.

Bio-Rejection: 5pt Flaw
Sensitive System: 3pt Flaw, because it's less severe than Bio Rejection. So far so good.

Both of them are -2 for magically active types. Huh? That just doesn't make sense.

In our games, Bio-rejection is a 3pt Flaw for magically active characters - what about the rest of you?
toturi
So use only Sensitive System.
TheScamp
They're the same for magical characters because the pentalties are the same for magical characters.

The only difference between the two is that with Bio-Rejection, all biological replacement parts must be cloned from the character. Magically active characters already have this requirement if they don't want to face magic loss. Therefore, the only restriction left is the double Essense loss. Same penalties, same point cost.
tjn
They are most definately not the same. Sensitive System still allows mods (at an extra cost), but Bio-Rejection flat out removes the option.

That, and Sensitive System doesn't touch bioware; therefore any proper munchkin is going to take Sensitive System and just ignore cyberware while they load up on the Bio.
TheScamp
Whups. F'ed that one up. smile.gif
UpSyndrome
I disallow either flaw for magically active characters because it's not really a flaw for any but the most severely min maxing of magical PCs.

-Joe
Rajaat99
I apply it to Bioware as well.
And Bioware still lowers your magic rating as long as you have it.
Glyph
The two flaws are similar enough for an awakened character that they cost the same - because most awakened characters will take little or no cyber.

They are still Flaws, though. Either you can only cram half as much stuff in there when trying to take an Essense point's worth of cyber and bio, or you can't take it at all. And a little bit of 'ware can be a big edge, especially for mages who start initiating - if most or all of your spells are only up to Force: 6 or so, then dropping from 9 Magic to 8 Magic really has little effect on you, while the 1 point of 'ware you got could be very useful (like maybe a cerebral booster and a mnemonic enhancer). Adepts might lose a Power Point, but some 'ware can't be duplicated by adept powers - things like a smartlink, or cybereyes with retinal duplication and a camera, for example.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012