Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quick Question
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
zenpoetsix
hello

cyber-ware enhancement to quickness, unless otherwise specified, effects only combat pool.

bio-ware enhancement to quickness effects both reaction and combat pool.

correct???
Ol' Scratch
QUOTE (zenpoetsix @ Oct 17 2004, 02:14 PM)
hello

cyber-ware enhancement  to quickness, unless otherwise specified, effects only combat pool.

bio-ware enhancement to quickness effects both reaction and combat pool.

correct???

Err, no. As far as I know, they both affect everything that Quickness affects unless otherwise stated -- Reaction, Combat Pool, armor layering, speed, etc. That's the general rule for all augmentations. If it only affected Combat Pool, it would be a Combat Pool augmentation, not a Quickness augmentation.
UpSyndrome
The quickness enhancement from muscle replacement does not factor into calculating reaction. Quickness due to cyberlimb replacement does affect reaction; the rules for which are provided in Man and Machine. I can't recall off the top of my head whether the quickness from move by wire influences reaction on top of the flat reaction bonus that the implant gives.

-Joe
Ol' Scratch
QUOTE (UpSyndrome)
The quickness enhancement from muscle replacement does not factor into calculating reaction.

Which it specifically states, making it an exception to the rule. Hence the comment above. smile.gif
paul_HArkonen
QUOTE (UpSyndrome)
I can't recall off the top of my head whether the quickness from move by wire influences reaction on top of the flat reaction bonus that the implant gives.

no, but it does influence movement speed and combat pool.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012