Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Complementary skill dice on open tests.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
blakkie
I don't ever recall this coming up, but how are complementary dice handled with Open Tests? Is it just something that would never come up?

P.S. I hate Open Tests too, but that IS NOT the topic of this thread. nyahnyah.gif
Herald of Verjigorm
Roll half the complimentary skill and take the highest number from any die you rolled (primary or secondary).
Shanshu Freeman
anybody know off the top of their head, the basics for making a complementary skill roll?
Nikoli
Usually you roll the comp skill, tn 4 with mods then half the successes in dice added to the main test. (i think, that might be my ass talking for me though)
Critias
For a normal test: Roll the full number of applicable Complimentary Skill dice, at the appropriate TN for the test -- every two successes here count as one "real" success (any leftovers are lost).

For an open test: Take 1/2 (round down) the number of dice for the applicable Complimentary Skill, and just add 'em to your handfull of regular dice for whatever normal skill (or attribute, or whatever) is being used. Then look for high numbers, as normal, ignoring which dice are which.
Shanshu Freeman
thanks folks
Da9iel
It must be noted that on a normal success test, one must get at least one success with the skill dice before any complimentary successes count.

Worded poorly but I think yall know what I mean.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012