Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SCORE!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
EVLTIM
I just scored Harliquins back for a whopping $2.76 . I have been trying o get this book for about five years now . YES!!!!.

So Uh what's in it?
wobble.gif
DarkShade
it is a compilation of adventures. most of them played in the astral plane/metaplanes. makes a good read, however as an adventure I didnt like it, the problem is because of the astral nature the settings become a bit too weird, and the players had a tough time taking it seriously, it is just too different to other adventures, it seems you are playing d&d and not shadowrun..
that said, it does start one of the megaplots involving Dunkie, Harlequin & Darke smile.gif

DS
RedmondLarry
I've seen Harlequin's Back run twice as the "climax" adventure at the end of a long campaign. With characters at approx 200 earned Karma going in, they can have a lot of fun and retire at the end.
GlassJaw
ebay is very good for SR stuff. A month or so ago I found someone selling all the old modules for about $3 each. I think I bought about a dozen of them.
Feonyx
Everything, but my SR3 is from Ebay... You can get some awesome deals. However I keep trying to buy lots of SR Minatures and I always ALWAYS get outbid /sigh

Feonyx
the_dunner
SR minis on eBay sell kind of oddly. Specifically -- they seem to sell for more than retail. Since most of the figs are readily available from Iron Wind Metals, I can't really wrap my brain around that.
kryton
Ebay is funky. The demand for products fluctuates radomly. It's kind of weird. Ironically GW stuff fluctuates the most. I think the problem is that it doesn't operate as standard deman dictates. There's a sort of game mentality of E-Bayers. Some folks want to win at just about any cost. They bid up up up and up just to "win" the bid and aquire some sort of high from winning. I don't get it personally and EBAY can be very very addictive as well. It's the ultimate selling tool as long as you get the right bids. I've noticed that for many of the bids I got a good deal on the weekend closers were sometimes good. Now with sniping tools out there you don't need a broad band connection.
Ancient History
Games Workshop stuff is funky because of the copyright on images, among other things. 'course I could damn near write "Games Workshop" on a piece of paper and sell it to somebody for US$3.50

It is a good place, sorta like an invisibile electronic swap meet, but you're fishing for deals every time. For a more reliable source, I suggest http://bookfinder.com and the like. You get less deals (people know what the stuff they're selling is worth), but it's easier to find what you want, when you want.
kryton
GW copyrights just about everything. You have to now have a brick and mortar store to sell they're stuff. If your not GW you then you can't "theoretically" sell stuff openly online. There ways around that of course. GW wants you to use they're lousy mail order department. Ironically now the GW stores are spreading out and trying to compete with brick and mortar stores. What I don't understand is what the hell they're buisness model is?
spotlite
Speaking as a Brit with several friends who now work at GW head office, and run various stores, it is my considered opinion that GW's business model is 'watch microsoft. Repeat. But use big sticks'...
Blackpool
Not to burst your bubble, man...but Stiggybaby has had copies of Harlequin's Back in their old FASA section for awhile now. You can buy it a little under cover price. I guess it's too little too late, but if anyone else is looking...well, they'll know where to look.
EVLTIM
QUOTE (Blackpool)
Not to burst your bubble, man...but Stiggybaby has had copies of Harlequin's Back in their old FASA section for awhile now. You can buy it a little under cover price. I guess it's too little too late, but if anyone else is looking...well, they'll know where to look.

Really? Ever time I seriously try to find it it hovers around $30 a copy . That is a lot more than $3 .
TheScamp
What I don't understand is what the hell they're buisness model is?

Total global domination.

I'm not kidding. That's the exact wording, as related to me by numerous higher-ups when I worked for GW.
Critias
QUOTE (Ancient History)
Games Workshop stuff is funky because of the copyright on images, among other things. 'course I could damn near write "Games Workshop" on a piece of paper and sell it to somebody for US$3.50

Plus shipping.
CircuitBoyBlue
That's a total rip. When I played Rogue Trader, you could get a sprue of THREE pieces of paper with "Games Workshop" written on them for under US$2.00
RedmondLarry
QUOTE (Blackpool)
Stiggybaby has had copies of Harlequin's Back in their old FASA section for awhile now.
I went looking and couldn't find it. Can you post a link?

/Edit: AHA! There was a second page of FASA books. Thanks Kagetenshi!
Kagetenshi
His good side.

~J
Feonyx
I can't find the 3rd Edition GM Screen with Critters combo ANYWHERE!

All I see is that it is an "upcoming reprint"

Feonyx
Ol' Scratch
Don't worry about it too much. While the Critters book is decent if you use a lot of them, the GM screen itself is entirely unremarkable. I only have it 'cause I'm a collector of the game's material.
Kagetenshi
It can be useful. I agree that it's hardly vital, though; if you're buying the bundle, buy it for Critters.

~J
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012