Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blast and Earth
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Thistledown
Hi, I'm setting up a drone rigger right now who will be able to deal with elementals. So far, he's got a flamethrower on one drone, and a water cannon on another. But I'm kind of stumped on how do dish out blast/air or earth damage. I know that some grenades do blast, but I was hoping for less collateral damage to other party members.

I know tasers do electric damage, but none of the elementals are specificly weak against that.

I looked through the old threads and the best I could find was a sandblaster. Any other ideas?
RangerJoe
Depending on your GM, rock salt rounds as part of a shotgun load might do the job for Earth elemental effect (otherwise, it'll be good for keeping pesky kids from raiding your shop)
Ol' Scratch
QUOTE (Thistledown)
Hi, I'm setting up a drone rigger right now who will be able to deal with elementals. So far, he's got a flamethrower on one drone, and a water cannon on another. But I'm kind of stumped on how do dish out blast/air or earth damage. I know that some grenades do blast, but I was hoping for less collateral damage to other party members.

The thing is, you really don't *need* to cover those areas. Elemental effects affect all elementals (man, that just sounds like some weird kind of tongue twister), while a Vulnerability only increases the Damage Level by +1.

The Ares Firelance is probably the single most effective weapon in the game for taking down spirits, though it's a very large vehiclular weapon with an Availability out of the range of most characters.

But that aside, anything that has a really high base Power will mow through spirits quite easily. Great Dragon ATGMs, Assault Cannons, and other weapons like that are quite effective without having to rely on an elemental effect. Hell, even a Gyrojet Pistol is a pretty good weapon against most spirits and it has a low Availability of 4.
Kagetenshi
A flamethrower will kill a fire elemental just fine.

~J
mfb
concussion grenades should probably count as an elemental (blast) effect. heck, so should regular grenades.
spotlite
QUOTE (Doctor Funkenstein)
Hell, even a Gyrojet Pistol is a pretty good weapon against most spirits and it has a low Availability of 4.

A gyrojet pistol is a pretty good weapon against just about everything. Don't leave home without one...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012