Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Upcoming releases
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Halabis
Where can I find a list of upcoming shadowrun releases? I have looked all over the shadowrunrpg.com site and cant find anything. Any help?
the_dunner
Near as I can tell, the only things listed on the web site as upcoming are reprints of the Companion and New Seattle.

IIRC, The German web site has the cover art for the upcoming "Running Wild" critter book. But, I don't think anything beyond that has been "officially" announced. I'd look for the GenCon or Origins thread here to see what they've unofficially mentioned as upcoming.
mfb
FanPro is discontinuing the Shadowrun line. i hear WotC may pick it up, and turn it into d20, though. also, everything you ever loved is now worthless and broken.
Synner
There's a couple of mentions here of what's planned as announced at GenCon this year. Note the plans may change at any moment and these titles might get shuffled or dropped, but the provisional release schedule looks something like this:

Mr Johnson's Little Black Book (out)
State of the Art: 2064 (out)
Running Wild - critters, infected, spirits, etc
Loose Alliances - organizations, policlubs, terrorists, etc
Shadows of Asia
Shadows of Latin America
Critical Error and System Crash (big event)
Zeel De Mort
Yeah check out the WotC forums, they've already leaked that SR 3.5 will be released in time for summer next year. It sounds like it'll be similar to SR3, but you'll need to buy all your core books over again. Bummer.
Nikoli
mfb, where do you get that information (other than WizKids doesn't have a SR product link on thier main site and you generally have to google to find Shadowrunrpg.com)
mfb
i made it up, mosty. except the part about everything you ever loved.
Nikoli
Ah, okay
Stormdrake
Question on SOTA 64. I am seeing all sorts of comments about it being out but my local store keeps telling me that it will not be released till November. Whats the deal?
Critias
They hate you. You should wave a handgun around, next time you ask them when it'll be in. They'll cut the crap, then, and give you the respect you deserve!
Nikoli
My local store has it as well as Stiggybaby's
Synner
There's a number of reviews on the forum from people who've bought it, in fact it's available on both sides of the Atlantic. Maybe your local store means "we will only be getting it in November" when they say "it will not be released till November".
Nikoli
Also, I have noticed that a good number of distributors have deals worked with various stores. Good customers = first couple of runs where as other store have to wait longer.
Look at WotC, they were only carried by a few devout holdouts for a long time, then bamn, the TCG phenonenom hit and their demand went through the roof, but they stuck to the stores that allowed them to survive for so long first and foremost.
Stormdrake
Well I don't think I will be waving any guns around but will mention to them I can get it else were.
Nikoli
(gun+attitude)*bad idea=99% bad day all around
Stormdrake
Well called the store and they are saying that there distributer is showing a November release. As some of you actually work for fanpro I am more inclined to believe you than them. May just have to order it from the internet.
Dashifen
I got it at my FLGS (friendly local gaming store) last week.
Fortune
QUOTE (Synner)

This is the first I've heard of this. Any juicy bits of data you can let slide would be appreciated. wink.gif
Kanada Ten
Better yet! Wild Speculation!

It's the end of Dues and a second great computer crash!
Nanites gone wild!
Nath
QUOTE (Fortune)
QUOTE (Synner @ Oct 21 2004, 05:06 AM)

This is the first I've heard of this. Any juicy bits of data you can let slide would be appreciated. wink.gif

Both were announced by Rob Boyle at Gencon this year. Critical Error should be a campaign or a track book. System Crash would be a sourcebook covering its aftermaths. Currently, the freelancers at large don't know much more about it.
Fortune
Cool. That's more than I knew 5 minutes ago. smile.gif
Adam
QUOTE (Stormdrake)
Well called the store and they are saying that there distributer is showing a November release. As some of you actually work for fanpro I am more inclined to believe you than them. May just have to order it from the internet.

I'm not sure which distributor[s] your store is using, but SOTA: 2064 was released on October 4th, and Mr. Johnson's Little Black book at least 3 weeks previous to that. Major distributors such as Alliance/Diamond and ACD have the books in stock.

More details about Running Wild and Loose Alliances to be posted on ShadowrunRPG.com very shortly.
bit_buckethead
Just going off of what is on FRP Games.

Running Wild November preorder
Loose Alliances December preorder
Shadows of Asia January preorder

Now they have been pretty good at coming close to release dates. Only off at most by a month.
Canid13
Damn, more SR books this year. I never thought I'd be seeing that :o)

Running Wild should be useful, though SoA and SoLA will probably turn out to be updates :o(
mfb
SoA should be a bit more than an update. there's very little canon material on most of Asia. a few snippets, here and there, but nothing cohesive. and SoLA will have info on Amazonia, a definite plus. tell the truth, how much do you know about Metropole?
the_dunner
I wouldn't put too much faith in those dates just yet. I thought Running Wild was mentioned as a September/October release at GenCon. It's just the nature of the beast that the dates are going to need some give.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012