Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Otaku question
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Jetmaster
Hey, just wondering; Exactly what otaku can specialize in with their channels..
I know the base skills, but I don't know the specializations for each that are available
I don't have my books here and am wracking my brain trying to come up with all of them for an Otaku of mine.

Thankie in advance
TinkerGnome
You can mimic any operational utility with a channel specialization. Access (Deception) is always a favorite.
Ancient History
Oh, come on. List baby, list!

Access
--Crash, Deception, Doorstop, Decrypt, Encrypt, Purge, Sniffer

Control
--Analyze, Camo, Commlink, Crash, Deception, Mirrors, Purge, Redecorate, Relocate, Sniffer, Snooper, Swerve, Validate

Files
--Commlink, Crash, Decrypt, Defuse, Encrypt, Purge, Read/Write, Sniffer

Index
--Analyze, Browse, Commlink, Crash, Evaluate, Puge, Scanner, Sniffer

Slave
--Crash, Decrypt, Defuse, Encrypt, Purge, Sniffer, Spoof, Triangulation
motorfirebox
commlink is a files util? love a' god, why?
Ancient History
<flip, flip>To make a commcall, as in Make Comcall p.218 BBB; and record it, as in Tap Comcall, p.219 BBB.
Jetmaster
That the entire list? or is there more?

Because while doing my otaku, i'm going to modify my skills.dat and send it to mcmackie with all the specializations all done up nice and neat
Ancient History
That's everything in Matrix and the BBB, minus the Worm programs which I hadnae yet got tae.
TinkerGnome
QUOTE (Ancient History @ Sep 3 2003, 12:11 AM)
Oh, come on.  List baby, list!

Well, yeah... but I'm too lazy to do all of that typing wink.gif

And something that's been bugging me, how does Camo work as a channel? Do you get the bonus from having the utility active as well as the boost for the system test? Or do you just get the system test bonus?

Hmm...
Ancient History
Camo is used to lower the numbers for the Redirect Datatrail operation, as well as adding it's rating to the number of turns it takes for Trace IC or Track utilties to find the user.

In otaku, I think they just get the former when they specialize.
Jetmaster
Done and done. Character's updated and so's the dat files. should be arriving in Mcmackies mailbox about....... now. Any other otaku stuff to add, just throw it on here and i'll add it
Ancient History
I can't think of anything, really, to add. Except maybe the continual debate about needing two datajacks to transfer data and Increase Attribute spells that can pump up your Otaku.
Jetmaster
Well, I figure those we'll leave to the players to decide.... I'm not going to mess with those right now
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012