Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: On advancing characters...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Kage2020
I was wondering what system people use to represent 'advanced' characters, i.e. those that are beyond the normal Priority system? Do you prefer to use build points or karma points?

Kage
Sphynx
Well, -IF- I were to run a game that required more advanced characters than you can get at char-gen (I can't imagine it...) I'd use the basic BP system to 125 then give karma and nuyen to spend on that character with a required explanation of the runs/things you did to get that Karma/Nuyen. Advancing a character is as fun as building, so I'd split it into 2 aspects.
Talia Invierno
I do this commonly for moderate-level NPCs - basic build, then assume x number of karma points (somewhere between 50 and 500) and bury them as it seems appropriate within the personality. I only ever did this once with a PC, but it was one that had been started and played for over a year (SR2), and then retrieved later as an active character (converted to SR3) after several years real time and a year of game time. Explaining several of the specifics also grew into new contacts and fields of knowledge.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012