Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Adding some spice
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
lorthazar
Well as some of you know I am starting my own Living City for Shadowrun set in the year 2050. Now as well as changing some canon events in the future and making bioware available years early, and making this a true multi GM, multi group game, I am adding in some interesting thing.

Immortals and the Game: (Highlander) Mcleod did not win the Game and the gathering has yet to happen. There can be only one. Will you make that attempt?

Pretenders: (The Pretender) Jarod was not the only one just merely one of the most gifted. These people make your average supergenius look retarded. They are stronger, faster, smarter, and much more inventive than your average person.

Shadows by the Sound
Req
QUOTE (lorthazar)
Immortals and the Game: (Highlander) Mcleod did not win the Game and the gathering has yet to happen. There can be only one. Will you make that attempt?

So, this would be a high-power campaign, then? eek.gif
lorthazar
Not neccesarily an Immortal is basically a physical adept who can't take killing hands, mystic armor or grades of initiation. Well actually they can initiate the7just always take the Feat ordeal: the Feat of course being kill an immortal in a duel. Sure they can't die by any means but removal of their head or overwhelming destruction of the body. The gathering is not expected for several decades so there will be no player with the gift unless we play 30 years.
Kagetenshi
Bull's rules?

~J
Erebus
This is just begging to be asked:

So are they aliens?

Rajaat99
QUOTE (Erebus)
This is just begging to be asked:

So are they aliens?

Why aren't there aliens? As long as they're vicious like the aliens aliens. Wow, did that last part make sense?
Herald of Verjigorm
It sounds like Rajaat99 never saw Highlander 2.
Fortune
I wish I hadn't!
Nomad
The horror.....the horror....get it out of my head........
Herald of Verjigorm
Come on, the infiltration plan was beautiful!
Critias
QUOTE (Herald of Verjigorm)
It sounds like Rajaat99 never saw Highlander 2.

Don't be silly. There was no Highlander 2. It never happened. It's weird, the Batman movies sort of skip around like that, too.
Erebus
QUOTE (Herald of Verjigorm)
Come on, the infiltration plan was beautiful!

Especially the bit where they compared the number of gunshot wounds...
Herald of Verjigorm
"Are you counting that scratch?"
"Scratch?! It went right through me."
(IIRC)
MYST1C
QUOTE (lorthazar)
Pretenders: (The Pretender) Jarod was not the only one just merely one of the most gifted.

Well, according to the episodes' prologue Jarod isn't the only one.
He's just the one who was captured as a child and studied by the Centre.
Cynic project
Um let me just say this as bluntly as I can. Pretenders can't be made balanced in shadowrun. As you say they are just better than everyone else. That either means they pay a whole lot of points to be one(Basicly limited adepts), or are characters wtih extra build points. So you either have unblanced character idea, or one that isn't needed. I could be missing your point as I do not have the rules you have made for them, but untill I see more I have to say...Look I am making a super hero, and he is going like fly,and throw tanks.....
Tal
QUOTE (Critias)
Don't be silly. There was no Highlander 2. It never happened. It's weird, the Batman movies sort of skip around like that, too.

Was that that beast of a thing set in the future with that shield thing on the sky?
Herald of Verjigorm
QUOTE (Tal)
Was that that beast of a thing set in the future with that shield thing on the sky?

Yes! You remember! Lets celebrate with a viewing of Highlander 2 and Batman Forever!
Tal
To be honest, I found it amusing. 'Specially the flying bat-freaks. They reminded me of the green goblin.
lorthazar
Okay as for the Immortals: I am completely ignoring the second movie. Chucked it right out the window. It was the third worst movie I had ever seen. The Immortals are some sort of magical manifestation. The Immortals themselves don't know and neither will the players.

Pretenders are balanced. While superior to normal metahumans they do have their inabilities. Their one ability is to default easier than others. It still makes have the skill a neccesity, but with there enhanced mental faculties they can do just about anything. they aren't the best, but they are better then quite a few.

Haven't you guys played characters that have pushed the envelope of reality? then i guess you haven't been playing Shadowrun.
Diesel
To each his own. Some people like hyper-realism. Aside from the magic, orks, dwarves, and trolls, at least. wink.gif
lorthazar
If they like Hyper reality they have too many issues to be in one of my game. i like fun.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012