Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Deus
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Everial
I believe canon suggests Deus' computer skill within the Arcology to be fifteen.

Given that the arcology maintains one of the few UV hosts, could Deus deck himself?

Odietamo
Kagetenshi
Well, if he had Good Looking and Knows It…

~J
spotlite
Hell, its probably how he turned off his various safeguards to begin with! I can't see how else he could simulate the Resonance anyway without a few internal modifications whether he did it himself or not (his otaku could probably have done it, but I'm not sure they'd have been able to maintain their religious fanaticism true beleiver status if they created the well used to create new otaku themselves). He probably has a virtual customisation interface room with a construct of the Old Man slowly being disembowelled on the wall and a dart board with Dodger's icon pinned to it for office furniture...
Lindt
15? Thats all? I much prefer the 'yes, he can do that, and now' reason.
Wireknight
The rating of 15 is suggested for when he is not within the SCIRE host and supported by its superior custom hardware. Within the host, if I were to give him statistics(I doubt he would actually need them for most interactions), I'd say that a Computer skill rating of 25 or higher is not inconceivable.

But in the post-Arcology scenario, using the Network, both Deus and Megaera have Computer of 15.
Kagetenshi
Inside, he has a Computers skill of Yes.

~J
Kanada Ten
I would think the ability to modify its own code is one of the basic requirements for AI...
Shockwave_IIc
QUOTE (Wireknight)
The rating of 15 is suggested for when he is not within the SCIRE host and supported by its superior custom hardware. Within the host, if I were to give him statistics(I doubt he would actually need them for most interactions), I'd say that a Computer skill rating of 25 or higher is not inconceivable.

But in the post-Arcology scenario, using the Network, both Deus and Megaera have Computer of 15.

Really? damn that a bit low...

Well i was considering that FastJacks Decking/Programming should be around the 18 mark......
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012