Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Um, what the bjork?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Toptomcat
'cuz they have with me.
mfb
this is because the forums date is now 2009. you're still stuck in the past, sucker. where've you been for the past 5 years?
Ol' Scratch
It threw me for a minute, too. To fix it until they get the chance to, change your view settings to "...from the beginning" and it'll work.
Kanada Ten
There is something wrong with the date settings. At the bottom change view topic from... [the last 30 days] to from... [the beginning] and you can view them again. It resets every time you leave a thread to! Some sort of bug.
Herald of Verjigorm
The bug is reported, it should get fixed sometime.

I am curious how the situation will result when posts are added to a thread that are 5 years older that the start of the thread.
Ol' Scratch
It updates the timestamp.
Kagetenshi
Man, life in 2009 is good!

Hm, I wonder if the admins are engaged in some wishful thinking… can't blame 'em.

~J
Kanada Ten
Wonder if we should just bump all the recent topics?
Ol' Scratch
Nah. The confusion is kinda fun. (I should get out more.)
Dashifen
Quick. Someone post some sports scores and lottery numbers from 2009 while you can!!!
Whizbang
Just set it so you are viewing posts since the beginning.
Arethusa
Man, I can't believe it. Ah well. Only three more years of Bush to go.
Herald of Verjigorm
Your math is off.
toturi
Ahhh, the forums are fixed... sweet relief biggrin.gif
John Campbell
QUOTE (Arethusa)
Man, I can't believe it. Ah well. Only three more years of Bush to go.

Yeah, like Diebold and the Supreme Court aren't going to re-elect Jeb.
mfb
that'd require some constitutional editing, namely the repeal of the 22nd amendment. possible, but unlikely.
Tanka
Only if the majority of the government doesn't mind getting blown to bits and the amendment reinstated.

Wouldn't happen, not without a lot of thinking of how to fool the public into it.
John Campbell
QUOTE (mfb)
that'd require some constitutional editing, namely the repeal of the 22nd amendment. possible, but unlikely.

The joke was spoiled before I posted it by the server's date getting fixed, but notice that I said "Jeb", not "Dubya". The implication there makes Arethusa's math work out without requiring any modifications to the Constitution.
Arethusa
Psht. I have seen the future, and it involves the 2008 Emergency Indefinite Executive Term Extension Act. Begun as an executive order, upheld by both Congress and the Supreme Court, what we will need in those troubling times is strong leadership and unified government. We cannot, fellow Americans, afford division and disagreement in these troubling times.
nezumi
As long as we're talking about messed up dates...

This thread and a few others are still popping up on my 'view new posts' page.

Is there any way to get them off without waiting five years?
Kagetenshi
Well, it was posted after the last time you visited the board…

The admins may have some magic, but probably not without: deleting this thread, editing the dates on this thread, or editing your last-visited date to be after 2009.

~J
De Badd Ass
QUOTE (toturi @ Nov 9 2004, 10:07 PM)
Ahhh, the forums are fixed... sweet relief biggrin.gif

Fixed as of now, or fixed as of November 9, 2004? Check the date of your post!

Edit: OTOH, check the date on my post. Life is good.

2nd Edit: Oops, spoke too soon (Looking at dates on View new Posts).
eidolon
This thread is no longer applicable.

In the future, please post inquiries as to the performance and appearance of the forums to Bug Reports, Feature Requests, & Discussion About Dumpshock.

Thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012