Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A real world physad
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Kyuhan
You decide.

I was cruising the web looking for miscellaneous conspiracy theory stuff for a class project and I came across this. Most likely BS, but hey, you never know.

Warning: Probably not for all audiences, browser discretion is advised.
mfb
if you find it on the internet, and you have to ask whether or not it's BS...
Arethusa
...it's gotta be true!
Crimsondude 2.0
So, is the "US Navel Academy" down the street from the .... I'm sorry. I can't even finish that joke in mixed company.
Kanada Ten
QUOTE (Crimsondude 2.0)
So, is the "US Navel Academy" down the street from the .... I'm sorry. I can't even finish that joke in mixed company.

rotfl.gif
tisoz
Just north of there were two men walking abreast.
Kyuhan
Don't shoot the messenger. I just thought it'd be good for kicks. It's not everyday you get to combine Shadowrun with psych class. spin.gif
Arethusa
QUOTE (tisoz @ Nov 11 2004, 12:31 AM)
Just north of there were two men walking abreast.

No! I hear that is illegal in the South now.
Crimsondude 2.0
Well, you probably don't want the alley around the corner.
DrJest
All is made clear. The website home is www.davidicke.net.

For those in America who may not have heard of him, David Icke was a former TV celebrity who had a brain infarct, declared himself Jesus and ran for political office. His platform included giving grants to companies whose executives signed up for zen flying courses.

Nuff said, I think smile.gif
Just Jonny
Heh, David Icke's pretty damn weird...as to how real it is, it's probably as real as the secret conspiracy of baby-eating repitlian aliens who rule us. That is to say, probably true in his battered schizophrenic mind, but nowhere else.
Shanshu Freeman
different culture. can't judge.
Kyuhan
We're doing a thing on paranoia and the origin and effects of conspiracy theories in class, so it seemed like it fit the bill all right.
DrJest
QUOTE (Shanshu Freeman)

When a man declares himself to be the Son of God and claims that we are under the secret government of a bunch of alien lizards, I think a judgement is not long in coming wobble.gif

Or were you referring to the bloke in the story?
Sandoval Smith
QUOTE (Shanshu Freeman)

Can't judge what? Icke is fruitcake, and the guy who wrote that thing is no more a phys ad than I am a mentat. One thing that I have to wonder about it stories like this, is how these conspiracies ever manage to keep going, given how stupid everyone invovled in them is (Admit you use steroids or I will give you a lobotomy because I am mighty DOKTOR! Rawr!)
Kagetenshi
The lizardmen I can judge. The son of god claim I can just ignore as unimportant to me, I can’t actually make a case as to its veracity or lack thereof.

~J
Tanka
I was never told of any cloud-parting, trumpet-blaring arrival, so the guy is a crackpot right off the bat.

Then, he goes on about a superhuman of some sort. Crackpot? Oooooh, yeah.

Give him his complimentary straightjacket, folks!
ES_Riddle
May favorite part is how the doctor will have his career ruined by having a failed experiment. 'Cause he wouldn't have it ruined by the horrible unethical practice of human experimentation without consent, or for pumping his son full of illegal steroids. Not to mention that he'd make a very compelling argument with his article "OMG! I can make L33T SUP4 HU/\/\4N!" based off his research with one subject for control and one for the variable and intentionally manipulating more than one variable at once ohplease.gif
Wounded Ronin
I'm posting this to www.bullshido.com
Crimson Jack
...or WTF. That's a good site for a story like this. ohplease.gif
Kanada Ten
QUOTE (Crimson Jack)
...or WTF. That's a good site for a story like this. ohplease.gif

"Not Work Safe," is a good label to add to links like that.
Crimson Jack
QUOTE (Kanada Ten)
QUOTE (Crimson Jack @ Nov 12 2004, 12:52 AM)
...or WTF.  That's a good site for a story like this.  ohplease.gif

"Not Work Safe," is a good label to add to links like that.

Oh. Normally the NWS stuff is something you have to click on. Sorry bout that. frown.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012