Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RPGi needs players to play Shadowrun
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Stumps
Well, Fortune has joined the crew over at RPGi to test out our RPG forum.

Presently there is a Star Wars game going, and well...Fortune really likes Shadowrun, but he doesn't have anyone to play with, so he's asked me to see if anyone else would like to come on over and play with him.

He mentioned asking Kanda Ten to GM which I'll PM and ask, but until that time that Kanada Ten says that he will GM, the table is still open.

Anyone up for trying this one out?

If you want to see what RPGi is, go to exigine.com and read through the About sections.
Fortune
Nice subtitle! nyahnyah.gif nyahnyah.gif nyahnyah.gif

Isn't there such a thing as sanctity of the PM? Haven't you sworn an oath? Oh yeah ... you haven't. Damn!

Note to self: be more careful of the content of all future PMs. wink.gif
Stumps
Dude, my bad.
I didn't think you minded.
My fault for not asking you if you minded.
I'll be more conciderate of privacy in the future.

Still, the quesiton stands folks.
Anyone up for the fun?
Crusher Bob
Depends on what time zone you operate in, I'm in GMT +8 which makes like difficult for me frown.gif.
Stumps
It shouldn't matter what time zone anyones in.
It's a Forum just like this one.
You post when you can or as the group decides the regular posting request should be (eg. every 3 days, every day, once a week, etc..)

I've always viewed that as the point of a Forum.
Conskill
Looks interesting, though I've never played a game in this format before (I've always ran and played my on-line games via a small telnet server). If you run short on more qualified players, I'll give it a whirl.
Stumps
So that's a "I'm in if not enough people are in"?

Cause right now...not enough people are in. wink.gif
Conskill
That's a "I'm interested, but I'm a total newbie to this format and wouldn't want to be put in to the exclusion of someone who knows what they're actually doing."
Crusher Bob
Is there already a game idea? Will it be hammered together by consensus after the player sign up?
Stumps
Ah, ok.

I get ya.
Stumps
Probably after game sign up.
We have a Testers Forum that's hosted on invision free (so that testers can talk with eachother and the creators no matter what is happening to the RPGi forum itself, eg. screw-up in the database, crashed, etc..)

There is a section for talking about the game decisions in that testers forum.
Crusher Bob
Hmm, looks like the tester forums is 'validated members only' and won't let people walk in off the net...

[edit]
Have signed up for the rpg forum as cusher bob
[/edit]
Stumps
Yeah, it is.
Simply for that reason too. We don't want every joe on the internet talking where the Testers talk about glitches, feature requests, talk to eachother about the game desires, and etc...

Believe me. It's much better that way.
Fortune
QUOTE (Stumps)
Dude, my bad.
I didn't think you minded.
My fault for not asking you if you minded.
I'll be more conciderate of privacy in the future.

'Tis cool! I was kidding, so don't sweat it. wink.gif smile.gif

Fortune
QUOTE (Crusher Bob @ Nov 11 2004, 07:56 PM)
Depends on what time zone you operate in, I'm in GMT +8 which makes like difficult for me frown.gif.

Not that it matters in a forum-format game, but I'm in Oz, which currently (with DST) is GMT+11. smile.gif
RedmondLarry
Looks interesting. I see an open Shadowrun game there now. Is the whole thing working well enough to host a real game?
Fortune
Part of the reason for a game request is so the relatively new forum can be checked and double checked in regards to feature bugs, etc.

That, and Stumps wants to host an interactive games forum. smile.gif
Just Jonny
I'm interested in trying it out, and would like to play in a game. I registered on the site, but I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to do next.
Kagetenshi
If there's still space by the time I get home from work, I'll sign on.

~J
DrJest
Sure, I'm interested. As you say, time zone (GMT here) is less important in forum play, and I want to get to grips with how it works - setting up my own online Marvel Super Heroes game at Haven?, so the practice would be good smile.gif
Stumps
Ok, there is a game set-up that someone did on RPGi forum.

Now, I should have been more clear. My bad.

Ok, everyone who is interested in joining needs to go to Testers Forum and register there.

This is VERY important as it's the only way that you can tell us about the bugs or ideas that you might have while using RPGi.

The registration is validated by myself.
I will validate those who wish to join from this Thread.

To answer your questions
QUOTE (OurTeam)
Is the whole thing working well enough to host a real game?

Yes, it's fully functional as a Forum.
All that's really left is adding the extra kudos features that will make it really special.

QUOTE (Just Jonny)
I registered on the site, but I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to do next.

You probably registered at the RPGi Gaming Forum.
The one with the Shadowrun game open on it.
That's great!
But like I said, you still need to register at the Testers Forum so we can network ideas and so you can see what's been discussed so far with the other testers.

QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
If there's still space by the time I get home from work, I'll sign on.

Of course there is, just make sure to register at the Testers Forum.

QUOTE (DrJest)
Sure, I'm interested. As you say, time zone (GMT here) is less important in forum play, and I want to get to grips with how it works - setting up my own online Marvel Super Heroes game at Haven?, so the practice would be good

Great, come on over to the Testers Forum and put in a registration.

It's great to here that you're setting up a gaming forum as well.
You will find that RPGi is a very different style of Gaming forum from normal forums.
I will remind you, however, that our special features and ways of doing things for the Forum are copyrighted, so please ask us before using the features we emplore in the way that we use them.
Stumps
Quatro, and DrJest:
You have been approved.
You can now log in and use the Testers Forum.

Also, make sure to go over and introduce yourselves in the Introduction Thread when you get a chance.
Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012