Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aztlan in South America
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Mercer
I'm returning to Shadowrun after about a year off running other (lesser) systems. I thought to get away from Seattle and run the game in South America, in the city of Cartagena. I've searched the web (and this site) for resources, but other than a Latin America Sourcebook coming out sometime in the future, I haven't found any hard data.

I've read through the Merc chapters in FoF and SOTA:63 that mentions Aztlans problems in the Yucatan, but they don't go into any detail. What problems is Aztlan having in that neck of the woods, and what book would it be covered in?

Since the first few games will be set pretty much in Cartagena, its not as important right now that I know the fate of all the nations, but I think it would give the pcs an idea of what's going on in the world and give me an idea for future runs. Anything anyone can post would be appreciated.
Dashifen
Where is Cartagena?
Sabosect
Check Shadows of North America. Atzlan would be in there.
Backgammon
There is an Aztlan sourcebook, though probably out of print. It's pretty good if you can find it.

Aztlan's troubles in the Yucatan are detailed in Year of the Comet.

SoNA does not talk about Aztlan IIRC.
mfb
no, it's not. there are some hints and rumors about Aztlan, but it doesn't have a section in SoNA.
Mercer
Cartagena is on the very top edge of the South American continent, a few hundred miles inside Aztlan. Its about a two hour plane ride south from Miami. If you look on a map where (present day) Panama touches South America, its about two or three hundred miles north from there on the coast.

All the maps I've been able to find online have Aztlan holding a pocket on the South American continent from Panama to Bogota, basically the north, mountainous half of Colombia. Wordman's world pages on this site are excellent, but the area has just never been covered in any detail. I was wondering if anyone had any hard data on it.

I have access to the Aztlan book, but its about 8 years old and I was wondering if there has been any sweeping changes. Can someone give me the broadstrokes on Aztlans troubles listed in Year of the Comet? If there is a lot of useful stuff in there, it would be worth picking up.
Crimsondude 2.0
Nothing's changed with Aztlan's geography.

And the Yucatan's on fire. It's just... it's a toxic, astrally-polluted, warzone from Hell.

Check the timeline
Ancient History
Aztlan is probably gonna be detailed in the upcoming Shadows of Latin AMerica.
Sabosect
I wonder why they would have Atzlan as being separate. It takes up a major portion of North America, after all.
Mercer
I guess it has something to do with the idea the culturally and linguistically, Mexico has more in common with South America than with Canada and the US. It doesn't seem like it would take much energy to claim that this is a vaguely racist claim, but since this is my own thread I am going to resist the temptation to hijack it to irrelevancy.
mfb
SoNA was big enough already; adding Aztlan would have made it too big. and, yeah, Aztan has more direct dealings in south america than north. it's going to be covered in Shadows of Latin America.
Kanada Ten
There is also a small mentioning of the border between Aztlan and Amazonia in Dot6W. The Wiki has a bit on South America here. The section on Aztlan includes useful information as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012