Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fan made Seattle map?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Traks
I am quite new here, so I am not sure where to post it.
Anyway, here it comes:

Is there any fan - made Seattle map with all those streets, and other stuff?
I am creating one from reading the book, but it is quite long and tedious work to do. So if anyone have something to share, please do. Also if you have some fan-made building plannings, post URL's so I can get them for ideas and less work smile.gif

Also later I will come up with questions about Matrix, this part seems hardest to me. I have made through magic barely, not sure if made right calculations even with all help, but it will all come later. I mean about spell force vs drain thing seem a little bit off.

So see ya later.
DV8
What I suggest you do, Traks, is go down to a book store, or perhaps a travel agent, and buy yourself a map of the greater Seattle area. Get a plastified one, so you can write on it with veltpen and erase your notes with a wet cloth. It's a lot easier than making your own map.
Abstruse
The old Seattle Sourcebook had some small maps in it. Also, there is a map on the Shadowrun Duels page by WizKids. But if you want a really detailed map, do like was said and buy a map from a store and grab a pen. Add in the Archology, the pyramid, the clubs, etc. yourself.

The Abstruse One
Traks
Ok, thanks for question 1.
Have anyone to help on question 2, maybe someone have scanned
some large building maps, that I could use for my shadowrunners?

And on question 3 and 4 I am currently reading, looks like there are healthy threads covering most of my questions.
DV8
This is the official FanPro Shadowrun site, but sadly, it's the german one. It's chock-full of material, including this page with a bunch of floor plans. It might be in german, but you'll figure it out, I'm sure.
CloneAdam
Posting the building maps from Shadowrun.de to ShadowrunRPG.com is pretty much next on my TODO list.

The Seattle Sourcebook maps are also going online, but they need to be cleaned up and touched up a fair bit.
Synner
Here's the link that Abtruse mentioned above: Seattle Map on the Wizkids page for SR:Duels.
phelious fogg
I like the webpage wizkids did.. looks neat
DV8
QUOTE (CloneAdam)
Posting the building maps from Shadowrun.de to ShadowrunRPG.com is pretty much next on my TODO list.

The Seattle Sourcebook maps are also going online, but they need to be cleaned up and touched up a fair bit.

That'd be...so neat. smile.gif
Greyfoxx
That was sooo nice you linked those floor plans DV8. Very nice. Ive been wasting my time sketching all these floor plans(which arent very realisticaly design, im not an architect) and here i can just download what i need. Many many many thanks! biggrin.gif
Traks
QUOTE (CloneAdam)

Sure, no problem. German was one of languages I studied, so I have dictionary at home and all stuff. Not that I am using it much these days...

Much thanks for helping out. I am downloading now smile.gif
Greyfoxx
i have no idea how german language goes, but so far, its pretty understandable. One reads like an office, and then there's the apartment over there, and then a restaurant, oh, and a bar too! smile.gif
kevyn668
Here's what I've been doing for floor maps. I work at a college with a high tech interior design program. After I visited one of their showcases to do some hobnobbin w/ the department chair I got the idea to learn enough of the program they used to make my own. Then I realized one of our part timers was from that department. Now I just feed the specs her way and BLAMO! Instant floor plans. Its easy for them since the plans I need don't require a whole design plan (fabrics, colors, crap like that), I can just make up the details as I see fit and scribble some notes. Its a pretty cool set up.
Nath
There's that map (870Ko) made by assembling all the district map from the Seattle Guide (the French version, hence the upper-left box title). Credit to Astrum.
Fortune
QUOTE (CloneAdam)

And there was much rejoicing! biggrin.gif
smilbandit
Here's a link to the german stuff that translates it to english.

German Maps
Ed_209a
English, sort of. smile.gif

I love babelfish though. Thanks Smilbandit!
Sepherim
QUOTE (Greyfoxx)
here i can just download what i need

IIRC, one of the next sourcebooks for Shadowrun will include maps for GM's help (I believe it was Mr. Johnson's Little Black Book). Wouldn't bet my hand on my memory, though. wink.gif
DV8
QUOTE (Greyfoxx)
That was sooo nice you linked those floor plans DV8. Very nice. Ive been wasting my time sketching all these floor plans(which arent very realisticaly design, im not an architect) and here i can just download what i need. Many many many thanks! biggrin.gif

* DV8 tips his hat

You are very welcome.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012