Large Mike

Hmm, 14 minutes. That shows promise.

Anyone else?
Tashio
Sure I'm in.
Sphynx
I'm in. nyahnyah.gif
GhostITM
where do you want character submissions to?

GhostITM
Mumbles
Not sure what Bleeding edge is, biggrin.gif

but I'd like to play too.
Cthulhu449
Yeah, count me in.
Shev
I'll go for it.
Fresno Bob
YES YES YES
Tanka
I'll think about it. At the moment, my creation-hands are full with a 400 karma game that I'm still trying to wrap my head around.
Whizbang
Aside from the one shot cyberzombie game, I have yet to pass up a game. smile.gif
Tanka
Hey, there'll be more One Shots. The next one should be true freedom of characters (well, except for Dikoted Ally Spirits. nyahnyah.gif).
Digital Heroin
And my weekend has been made!
Toptomcat
What's this all about?
Judging by the orgasmic reactions from so many people, I might be interested too.
Tanka
Bleeding Edge was a gang campaign LM did a few months back (well, several, but that isn't important).

Sadly, I got busy and disappeared from DS about halfway into it, so my character went poof.

Hopefully life doesn't give me a kick in the ass this time around, if I join up.
Toptomcat
A gang campaign, mm? Me likes!
I'm in. Creation rules?
Tashio
Ooh, I've been tossing an idea around for a gang street mage/illusionist guess I'll have a use for him here smile.gif
gobogen
Are you serious about this Large Mike ? If you are, I promess my character won't die this time around !!!

I would really like to play a gang member again ... it was so much fun ! Do you plan on using the same character creation rules agiain ?

Fresno Bob
Hmm, but now I have to think up a character that I haven't used in any game before. Unless its like a reset. Hmm...

I guess Friday was the one-year anniversary of the game starting.
Hemlok
Hm, sounds interesting. I'm in.
Digital Heroin
Bleeding Edge wasn't just a gang game... it was -the- gang game... least from this rambling madman's perspective...
Fresno Bob
I think it was the only gang game here, actually...
Toptomcat
I've got a concept going for a graying, larger-than-life Russian ork who talks like the October Revolution was last week.
"Devil rats? PAH! In Siberia we haff LICE this big!" biggrin.gif
Fatbox
scorrrrrre. biggrin.gif
where to submit characters to and when do you want 'em by?
Club
Any room for Joyride, the only rigger with no vehicles (We are going to be running the gangers, right?)
gobogen
Nope. Not per se. They definitely don't have a fixer either. At least, unless if the Bleeding Edge changes a lot from what it was. The game was all about the life of a living gang in the redmond barrens.
Digital Heroin
Still not sure what to present for this one... still snickering at the rigger with no vehicles... actually, I'm thinking an adept of a different style this time... no longer a combat whore like Blitzkreig though... while being a walking tank is fun, I must be different this time around...
Tashio
What are the criteria for making characters? Normal 125bp/priorities? or lower stuff?
Digital Heroin
Last game was:

123 Bp. Priority and Sum-to-10.
No resources above 90 000
No technical skills above 3.
Avalibility will be limited 5. There will be exceptions, but explain why and ask nicely.

Drakes, shapeshifters, otaku, etc were unlikely to be viable, and still are, and SURGE was out.

Only speculation, but I expect similar this time around.

The tech skill limit's a touch of a bummer given that would likely include B/R, but heck, I've got a character brewing that doesn't need to be great at patching up his bike, he just needs to be able to do it...

Oh, and no matter what I play for archtype, he's going to be an elf who grew up in the Ork Underground... something about that idea just amuses me...
GhostITM
great, sounds excellent!

I ran a gang campaign a few years back for over 6 months with a physically present group. It was one of the best I can remember, low tech, but very gritty and thoughtful.

Can the character creation guidelines be confirmed please?

GhostITM
Fresno Bob
Large Mike? Eh? Eh?
Digital Heroin
C'mon man, the suspense is killing me... plus I'm already crunching a few numbers, and I don't want to look like a foo...
Tashio
Yea Jimmy Thief Extrodinare is almost ready, pending finalization of creation limits. But made with sum to 10 and max 90k resource so should be mostly okay. Maybe some minor tweeking.
Digital Heroin
Theif extrordinaire? He's a down on his luck theif, right? Game's likely going to be gritty... part of the fun of it.
Large Mike

Just kidding!

No, that would be too cruel.

I'm going to do some crunching and some masterpiece making, but with this much interest, I'll drop a few teasers:

It will be point build, probaby 85 points. You'll love how we'll figure out who's in charge at the beginning.

Skills will be capped lower than normal, as will attributes.

It will be in more or less the same neighbourhood as the last bleeding edge was in, but later. The Bleeding Edge that was is like so much ashes scattered to the wind.

It will be very low-powered. Know this. A normal build character could sneeze and the whole neighbourhood, PCs and NPCs alike, would burst into flames. If this is a problem, please don't apply.

There will be coarse language, violence, and examples of vice and hard-living. I also will be removing all grit-filters. I might even talk to some people about making the game not for public viewing. If this is a problem, please don't apply.

When I open for applications, which will be in a few days, please send *concepts* only. I'm not interested in numbers yet.

I'll have more inside of 48 hours.

(Also, I'm trying to join the army. If this game only goes two monthes, don't say I didn't warn you.)
Digital Heroin
Low powered = much goodness... I am the man who made the 80 point decker after all, and loved the character to death. Probably going to have to ditch the street racer concept though... well, unless he's really a noob at it, or it's all he's good at... which is cool as it is... I ramble because I'm looking forward to this, escpecially the swearing... gotta love swearing...
Tashio
Sounds cool to me.

He's part of the gang, just he specializes in stealth and theft related skills. Basicaly a BE/Covert Op sort of character in a more street level way. If you've read Riftwar Saga by Feist thing something along the lines of Jimmy the Hand smile.gif
Fresno Bob
Hmm, the lowpowered bit cramps my style a bit, but I can deal.
Whizbang
hmm...thinking of a whizkid mage myself.
Digital Heroin
Magical types are gonna be a pain to pull off, but I still love it... challenging creation rules spawn some of my best characters...
Large Mike

Keep in mind that, for the most part, the PCs will be dealing with NPCs of a similar level.

And Voor, I know you're up to the challenge.
Sphynx
Think if I go for this, I'll just make a wonderful Trog. Nothing uniquely different, just a muscle who has brains enough to never know when not to fight. smile.gif Gang's gonna really suck though if there's only one person in the group that can fight. nyahnyah.gif

Sphynx
Tashio
Never said I could not fight smile.gif
Digital Heroin
Madcap'll always be up for a fight...

But no one will ever hold a flame to Blitzkreig in my mind. May he rest in pieces...
Hemlok
I'm doing a little number crunching to see if it's even viable, but I'm looking at a melee focused, ex-go-ganger troll. He used to be in go-gang, but got too good and pissed off the leader. He got ditched and his ride sent to the chopshop. Now he's back with one of the badder bikes on the street as he slowly improves it with his limited abilities. I'm looking at either dual retractable spurs or polearm+Boosted Reflexes [1] probably.
Tanka
This would be hella tough to pull off, but it'd be an interesting character.

Urban Shaman of some sort, low level skills (a few Active Combats in the 2-3 range, Sorcery/Conjuring at that level also), and a bit of 'ware, as well as lots of low force spells. (Mainly Combat, maybe a Manip or two.)

If it's only 85BP, though, I probably won't try, as he'd just get greased in the first brawl. Although, it might be worth making just to see how effective he could be.
kevyn668
I'm there if you'll have me. I'll be waiting for more info...
Fresno Bob
Ah, poor Blitzkrieg. And poor Nick, and all the other characters that got trashed. Well, Nick died at the end. I really liked him.

I was thinking about making a carjacker type a la GTA3 (Except with...talking.) But 85bp hurts that...I'll just have to bang over the money.
Tashio
I've managed to convert Jimmy to 85 points, he's one or two points out, which could be made up with a flaw or so. Depends if some costs are going to change ie creating low level game with MR JLBB, where things like magic are SLIGHTLY cheaper.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012