Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [SoA2064] aid spell
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
northern lights
okay, could a physad POM use this adept power to boost his own spells???

i would think so, but don't actually own the book, so...

also would any restriction apply that said only metahuman magicians? could the adept use this power with a spirit, such as a free or ally spirit?

Dashifen
I think the aid spell power used up a complex action, so you can't use that power and the magician's power at the same time.

Edit: You could always power a different Magician Adept's spells, though.
Kanada Ten
Or use Empower Animal, which I think was at least some of the intent. Lots of these new abilities stack well.
northern lights
okay, what about spells sustained by a focus?
Kanada Ten
Doesn't the Living Focus power still incurs the +2 penalty simply mitigated to the adept instead. If a magician's way adept were to use the power they would gain no benefit, unless I miss understand the power. Though, again, Empower Animal has possibilities.
Dashifen
Yes. Living Focus has the +2 modifier, so if an magician adept triest to do this the result is the same. Is there a limit to the spells you can sustain, however? If so, Living Focus could give magician adepts 1 more spell.
Fortune
Away from books, but ...

Empower Animal is a souped-up vesion of Attunement (Animal). I don't see it having anything to do with Living Focus.
Kanada Ten
Doesn't Empower Animal allow one to transfer powers, such as Living Focus, to an Attuned animal? I'm pretty sure that's what the metamagic is all about.
toturi
I do not think so. Living Focus requires a Magic Attribute to work, so unless your Attuned Animal has a Magic Attribute, no can do.
Kanada Ten
That doesn't make sense to me. I have to read Empower Animal again, but quite a few adept powers require a Magic Attribute (all actually Magic = Max Rating), and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't make a wholly useless metamagic. I could have totally read it wrong, but it does transfer adept powers, right?
Synner
It "lends" one adept power at a time to the (previously Attuned) animal. Some powers however are indeed limited when transfered to a critter since the critter's ability to use them is itself limited. Reading the published draft Living Focus could go either way depending on the GM, the wording allows for sufficient flexibility that even though the critter has no Magic attribute the GM might allow it to use Essence. Personally I wouldn't allow it because the power allows an adept to instinctively manipulate the way his own body processes mana, something that a critter would be hard put to do.

I wouldn't say giving my pet falcon Killing Hands (claws), my wolf companion Increased Reflexes makes for a useless metamagic...
toturi
For most other powers, the level at which the adept wishes to transfer the power is limited by the amount of Karma the Adept spends. I would not allow any power that requires the Magic attribute of the user to be transfered to an Empowered Animal.
Kanada Ten
For most other powers, the level at which the adept wishes to transfer the power is limited by the amount of Karma the Adept spends.

I'll just extend that to cover the four or five powers dependant on Magic.
toturi
How K10? The karma spent on the power is proportional to the Power Point value. How do you propose to factor in the Magic value as well?
Kanada Ten
Additional karma counting towards a provisional magic attribute.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012