Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Simsense stuff
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Xeyda
Hiyas, friend of a SR player who is slowly but surely getting me hooked on this game from a writing PoV...

Here's the deal... I am an author (or trying to be, damnit) looking for info about the simsense equipment and how the whole thing works. Anyone have resources for this, or willing to lay it out to a newb?

Much appreciated =)
Adam
Simsense is covered most recently in Sprawl Survival Guide.
Xeyda
I have had no luck locating a copy of this online, sadly. Any other places I could check into?
Fortune
You could try a book or gaming store.

This forum does not advocate piracy.
Synner
QUOTE (Xeyda @ Sep 4 2003, 09:51 PM)
I have had no luck locating a copy of this online, sadly.  Any other places I could check into?

Strange, I get the impression you didn't really try very hard then. I found it on Stiggybaby's homepage and on Fast Forward's FanPro product page right on my very first go.

Regardless, the main block of rules related material for Simsense is in the "Cannon Companion" although several other books including "SSG" have related material and some interesting fiction.
Xeyda
Sorry if I didn't more clearly express that I am new to this entire thing, and thus was looking for resources for information. I did not ask for nor did I wish for anything "pirated". I wanted information on where I might locate information about this, in the extensive and confusing-for-newbies realm that is SR material.

Apparently, my interest and not being "in the know" has offended. Thanks.
Wrathful Buddha
They do that all the time, Xeyda. Ignore the heavy-handedness. They're just bitter.
Fortune
QUOTE (Xeyda)
Sorry if I didn't more clearly express that I am new to this entire thing, and thus was looking for resources for information.  I did not ask for nor did I wish for anything "pirated".  I wanted information on where I might locate information about this, in the extensive and confusing-for-newbies realm that is SR material.

If you are looking for information, Adam told you the book you would find it in. If you are not looking for a pirated copy online, then I misunderstood your post and you have my apologies.

The Sprawl Survival Guide is a recent release, and is available for purchase almost anywhere online that Shadowrun material is found (some links are provided in an above post). The Cannon Companion, which has been out for a few years, can also be found at the same online stores.

Apparently, my interest and not being "in the know" has offended.  Thanks.

Being 'in the know' has nothing to do with anything. You asked a question, and were provided with an answer 2 minutes later. As I said, if you want the information in the book, you shouldn't have any trouble finding a copy for sale.
Fortune
QUOTE (Wrathful Buddha)
They're just bitter.

Bitter about what, Wrathful Buddha?
Synner
QUOTE (Wrathful Buddha @ Sep 4 2003, 11:28 PM)
They do that all the time, Xeyda. Ignore the heavy-handedness. They're just bitter.

Personally I have no idea what I misunderstood in the following exchange:
Adam wrote:
Simsense is covered most recently in Sprawl Survival Guide.
Xeyda replied:
I have had no luck locating a copy of this online, sadly. Any other places I could check into?

I simply indicated where Xeyda could easily locate an online copy of that book and added the relevant information regarding the "Cannon Companion".

Perhaps the misunderstanding comes from Xeyda not specifying in any of his posts that what he's looking for is "free and unofficial" online source material about simsense. It helps to be specific if you don't want to be misunderstood in the first place.
Abstruse
If you can't find the Sprawl Survival Guide easily or want a slightly less expensive alternative (though the SSG is much more up-to-date), you can check out the older sourcebook Shadowbeat. It was the first edition media sourcebook, and has information on SimSense, BTLs, news organizations, music, Urbal Brawl, Combat Biker, and other media-type stuff in Shadowrun. It's a really interesting read if you can get hold of a copy (check eBay for a used copy or dig in the bin at your local gaming store) and can add a lot of depth to the world your players are playing in.

But if you make a Rocker character, I get to beat you in the head with a 1967 Fender Stratocaster.

The Abstruse One
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012