Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Bodyguards
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2
Street Wyze
Hey guys, welcome to the Bodyguards! First lets get a few house keeping rules straight. This will be where you make all of your Out of Character posts. Questions, comments, declaring of actions, rolling, and results of rolling occur here.

First, when you want to execute an in-game action that requires a dice check, declare your desired action here. Then I will make a post giving you your target number. Using that number, roll your dice and post the numbers you rolled along with the number of successes you got. Then I will post in-game what your character did.

(Example)
Player- I want my guy (Tons o'Guns) to fire FA into that orc ganger.
GM- Ok, target number 12 for range, movement, and recoil.
Player- 4, 6, 3, 2, 15, 3 1 Success
GM (IC Thread)- The orc ganger tries to dodge Tons o'Guns viscious full-auto burst. But he just cannot move fast enough and as the bullets shred him into a bloody pile of flesh, his dying scream floats away into the night.

Sweet Guys, it's that simple.

Anyway, as we start I'm going to award you each 4 karma for the great back stories you all came up with, I think we'll have some real fleshed-out characters that are going to be fun playing with. Any questions, post em here and I will answer them. Oops, almost forgot, I will be rolling perception tests for your characters. When I do I will work the results into an IC post. You can always request that your characters make perception tests, and then I will roll them.

Ok, let's get this party started! See you IC!!!!
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Let's rock! *Turns on AC/DC's "Hell's Bells" to set the mood.*
Fenris
First, perception checks as I leave the apartment, and another during the ride. Paranoia is part of the character.

Second, since I hate having my IC posts sound like a gear list, here's the equipment he's carrying:
Clothes: FFBA, Tres Chic clothing, Prof. Overcoat.
Skillsofts slotted: Car, Seattle Maps, German, Portguese, and Chinese
Gear: Bug Scanner, White Noise Generator, PocSec
Weapons: Morrisey Elite, tucked in one of the overcoat pockets.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
I'll follow Glyph's lead...Baron brings his gun, his armour, his pocsec and himself as well as his cash.
Fenris
Who's glyph?
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Oops...sorry Fenris...following your lead. wink.gif
Fenris
Just like to make sure we know who's in charge here. biggrin.gif
Street Wyze
Sorry for the wait guys, I'll be making an IC post very soon.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Heh! No worries Street Wyze...real life happens.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Baron will have Analyze Truth at force 3 sustained as he enters. My rolls are: (rolls the dice) 3, 3, 3, 5, 5, 5, 13. Whatever his willpower is, that was enough to get a success on most anything. My drain resistance rolle elimenated the light drain entirely. Hopefully Mr. Johnson's willpower's low enough that he won't elimenate all my successes.
Herald of Verjigorm
A couple of rolls to use for my rampant empathic sense usage:
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Allright, everyone in the room gets assensed! Rolls 2, 3, 4, 5, 11, 14. (Wow!) Don't forget that Analyze Truth is cast on the Johnson...as noted in a previous post.

Baron will have Analyze Truth at force 3 sustained as he enters. My rolls are: (rolls the dice) 3, 3, 3, 5, 5, 5, 13. Whatever his willpower is, that was enough to get a success on most anything. My drain resistance rolle elimenated the light drain entirely. Hopefully Mr. Johnson's willpower's low enough that he won't elimenate all my successes.
phelious fogg
Um Bear is not awakened.. I dont mind the assensing going wrong.. but yeah...
last_of_the_great_mikeys
My assensing tell me anything about the Johnson's mood? Emotional state and such can be readable as described in the players handbook. Lemme know if ya want new rolls for it.
Street Wyze
QUOTE (phelious fogg)
Um Bear is not awakened.. I dont mind the assensing going wrong.. but yeah...

Oops, sorry guys, I'll take a closer look at the character sheets next time. Just change the number of awakened people in that post to two others and include Bear with Assez and the Johnson.
phelious fogg
well bear has four points of magic resistance.. so he might show up as awakened.. it woudl be kind of amussing acutlay that way. I mean everytime he resists assensing the mages should get a really odd picture of him, they might not even agree from one minute to the next...
Street Wyze
Last Mikey: Baron's asencing tells you that everyone is feeling pretty calm and collected. The Johnson does not seem anxious or tense at all. You get the impression that he is a very chill and professional person.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Okay...don't kill Baron outright, okay guys? He may not be too likable, he's got a few delusions of grandeur (as any that rejected their totem for hermeticism might), but he's usefull! wink.gif
Herald of Verjigorm
Why would we kill Baron, you serve the wonderful purpose of limit-pushing voice. It is obvious that you aren't taking votes, so your claims are deniable as we see fit. You're serving the role that puppet monarchs have in the past, and we didn't even have to discuss it. biggrin.gif
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Heehee...as long as he thinks he's in charge, he's happy wink.gif
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Okay...that last post was an Intimidation attempt...Baron doesn't have the skill so it's an untrained roll with -4 on it. My charisma for dice against his willpower. *roll, roll, roll* I got a 1, a 1, a 1 and a 17...subtract four from each and I got a 13 on my open test. Using my Good Reputation I get 2 points back for a total of 15. Subtract 2 again for sustaining a spell and it's back to 13. That's what he gets to roll his willpower against to resist. If he has intimidation he can use it as a complimentary skill. Whoa, that was bloody close to blowing the whole thing, eh? I've never been so close to an "oops" using 4 dice before!

Don't forget, I use Good Reputation 2 as a roleplaying thing...it's not that he's known...more that he has great presence. It's on the character sheet I submitted to ya.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
And the final results for Aura Reading are... *roll, roll, roll*

This includes the -2 penalty for sustaining a spell. 6 dice for intelligence, 4 more for aura reading skill.
Street Wyze
Ok, I feel dumb, but I have read LotGM's last IC post several times and I am having trouble following it. I understand that he has tried to mindlink a message to Assez, Rent, and Kull, but does that mean it automatically works? Sorry, I am at work and I do not have my books, so I cannot look up mindlink.

Once we have all figured out whether the other guys hear the message or not, you all can react to it however you want.

Rent, you need to roll to resist Baron's intimidation attempt.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
I wasn't trying to intimidate rent...I did try to intimidate the Johnson, however. And the players can resist automatically if they want. It requires a willing subject. But at force 1 anyone who has dealt with spells before would probably figure out it's not intended to harm...it's almost not there as far as spells go.

I needed to roll equal to or higher than their willpowers to make the spell work. 1 success does it.

I did it more to expedite things as the scene was going bad. Baron's a bit pushy and trusts johnsons who lie as far as he can throw them., but I promise once the johnson's gone he'll be feeling less threatened and more amenable.
Street Wyze
Sorry, my mistake on the intimidation thing. I'll take care of that shortly.

The rest of you guys can handle the Mindlink any way you want to.

phelious fogg
Since Bear has magic resistance 4, he automatically tries to resist.. so he rolls a 3,4,4,7 im pretty sure thats going to resist what Baron throws at him, so Ill just play it that way
Street Wyze
I'm pretty sure that Baron did not try to mindlink with Bear.
phelious fogg
okay i misinterpreted a post... sorry
Street Wyze
No problem. cyber.gif
Street Wyze
Anybody alive out there?
Fenris
Post up. I assumed the Johnson would pick up again at that point. Sorry.
Street Wyze
Sorry, poor lead on my part. When the runners have fully settled the problem with Baron, then Mr. J will go on.
Fenris
So do you need another post from us or was mine in the IC thread good enough?
Street Wyze
QUOTE (Fenris)
So do you need another post from us or was mine in the IC thread good enough?

No, that'll be fine. Sorry. I just re-read LotGM's last post and realized that Baron had already left the room. Sorry, I didn't catch it before, I thought he was just telling everyone what he was going to do before he left, I didn't notice that he had left. My bad.
Fenris
LOL...calm down and quit apologizing. It ruins the GOD image.
Street Wyze
QUOTE (Fenris)
LOL...calm down and quit apologizing. It ruins the GOD image.

CRAP!!! YOU'RE RIGHT!!!! Ok, um...uh...I GOT IT!!! RENT DIES!!!!!! HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!! NOW BOW BEFORE ME MORTALS!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif
Glyph
Oh yeah, Fenris mouths off and Rent dies. This anti-metahuman prejudice, it's everywhere, I tells ya. nyahnyah.gif
Street Wyze
QUOTE (Glyph)
Oh yeah, Fenris mouths off and Rent dies. This anti-metahuman prejudice, it's everywhere, I tells ya. nyahnyah.gif

spin.gif
last_of_the_great_mikeys
I cast "control GM!" Bwa ha ha ha!
Street Wyze
You can't cast that! But you can bribe me with junk food. grinbig.gif
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Don't forget, those that I mindlinked with before...I'm maintaining it as long as they allow it. To cancel it, the PC just has to decide he doesn't want to be mindlinked...it requires a willing target. I had to see them to cast it, but not to maintain it. So, Baron can be fed info from those he's mindlinked with and not have to spend lots of posts playing catch up. smile.gif
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Okay...for the impulsive flaw when Mr. Johnson threatened him I got 1 six on 6 dice to resist the impulse for using the influence spell.

To observe Mr. Johnson for details I rolled a 13 (wow!),9,4,5,2,1 for any identifying details. I love having lots of dice to roll! Keep in mind Baron has Optical Vision Modification level 3, flare compensation to elimenate glare and Aura Reading 4...He'd recognize Mr. Johnson's aura (from observing it before) if he saw him again but while Mr. Johnson's disguised (or undisguised). It may or may not help in his legwork on him, though. Up to you (as always). smile.gif
Street Wyze
Fenris: Is Tiggy's a place that your characters have visited before, or did you make it up just now?

I'm asking if I should give a description of it or if you want to?

If everyone is agreed then the runner's should figure out how they want to get to Tiggy's.
Fenris
Tiggy's Bar and Grill
Street Wyze
Cool. Would you want to write an introduction for the runners?
Fenris
I'd hate to deprive a good GM of a chance to stretch his descriptive talents. But sure, since I was silly enough not to just say "It's a random bar," I deserve what I get. biggrin.gif

Die and learn...
phelious fogg
Garrison is Bears cousin in the ork underground. He is a partime decker and an information broker. Bear has turned to him since leaving SSC because he thinks thats the best chance of finding out who set him up and being able to clear his name and get his family back. Garrion is currently digging up as much information as he can and is getting paid 1000 nuyen a week (even if he doesnt come up with anything) Bear trusts Garrison because he is family, even though its been a few weeks without anything interesting turning up and Garrison is a bit behind on the bills.

Anyways, off to Tiggys....
Street Wyze
Herald: Is Kull planning on taking the disk home to copy it? How many copies is he making, and is he keeping any for himself?
Herald of Verjigorm
Yes, a copy or two of the Nojbot info so he can show it without risking the original.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Anyone gonna post?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012