Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC: To fight a Dragon
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2
Tanka
"One billion?" The stocky German dwarf stares in utter disbelief. My, oh my, the things he could buy -- or build!

"To kill a dragon, hm? I must admit that I am intrigued. Being that I have no next-of-kin worth giving zis to, might I request a charity to give my portion to should I, as the term goes, kick ze bucket?

"Either vay, I shall join zis little dance vif death."
Raiko
Raiko, his Japanese face now expressionless again says, "I'm in."

Whizbang
"Hmm...a billion. Quite a price tag to this challenge you set before us. I believe I will take the bait." Archmage contributed. A billion would go quite a ways in furthering certain ambitions...
Morgannah
Lilly followed along quietly, a hint of a smile playing about her lips as the men asked their questions. She glanced at the map for a moment, tilting her head to one side.

Great Western, hmm? Now that would be a trophy .. possibly of use in .. hmmm.

With a quick look over her shoulder, she appraised the others in the room, wondering how many of them would die in the process. Two? Three? If the team was as high class as she had been lead to believe....

"I will join as well."

Lilly turned and sank gracefully into one of the chairs, lifting the scarf from her head and settling the gauzy white fabric about her shoulders. Dozens of diamonds glittered within the flawless updo, peeking up from the tops of combs and hairpins made of solid orichalcum. She nodded towards Jarod, wondering why he'd want to invest billions into the assassination of a dragon that had supposedly been out of contact with metahumanity for an age .. how he would even know that such a creature existed and why he decided that now was the time to strike.

Seeing no answer in his expression, she guessed that they would learn soon enough.
Sabosect
Little Johnny looked around. All around him people were deciding to go along with this insanity. And they needed firepower, which he doubted the giant would be enough to provide. And he could always set up a suitable revenge for in case he dies.

"Alright, I'm in," Johnny growled.
Ecclesiastes
"I'm in as long as it isn't Loftyr. He and I have history."
Fortune
Taking one last long drag on his cigarette before relegating it to the crystal ashtray on the carved cedar side table, Danny Foster surveys the rest of the gathered talent. Even with the money offered, it was surprising that all seven had agreed to the terms of the mission. Some had accepted more readily than others, but that was to be expected.

Pushing himself off the wall, Danny wanders over and settles into one of the plush chairs before turning his attention back to Mason.

"Looks like we all be agreein'. Time for y'all t'be tellin' us 'bout this here venture in a little more detail."
Shadow
"Excellent. Excellent. I am glad my intel on most of you was correct. Now, on to the nuts and bolts. His name is Artemis, he's as I said, a great western dragon. He lives in an Island of the coast of Peru. About 100 miles due west. Don't bother looking, you wont find it on any maps. It is shielded by a ward that renders the island invisible, and it keeps out pesky intruders. Like I said, he is not the social type. Any questions so far?"
Ecclesiastes
"How strong is the ward?"
Ol' Scratch
"I can answer that," I had tha audacity to interupt Mason before he had a chance to respond. "I've encountered this type of phenomenon before. If I'm correct, it requires a very potent ward -- at least force 10 on the Paterson-Spencer scale -- to create a cloaking effect of this nature. It's an obstacle to be sure, but not an insurmountable one. Though if we decide to be quiet about it, that will probably make things a bit more tricky for a few of us."
Fortune
"Ah'm thinkin' you have some kinda map 'r chart though."
Raiko
"Do you have any idea what kind of defences are on the island, other than Artemis itself?"

Shadow
"I have GPS coordinates to the general area of the island. Unfortunetly it is invisible to Satelite surveilence. But we have trackewd the dragon the few times he has left the security of the place. As for defenses, we know ther ewill be some magical defense as well as technological. Two years ago a company called Secure-tech was hired to out fit the island with the lates in air defense technology."
Ecclesiastes
"First item, get security plans from Secure-tech. Any other info? I'm sure the island hasn't been invisible forever, what about Sat pictures from pre-Awakened times.?"
Raiko
"Have there been any other runs against this island that you know of?"

"Or are you aware of anybody else who's visited the island, who we could snatch and question without alerting Artemis?"
Sabosect
Little Johnny stood there, quiet. These people were pros who knew what to ask, so he already liked them. He didn't trust them enough to not be present when the money is divided, but he still liked them. But, he had one question.

"Air defense? Can we get in by boat? I'll need a way to get my ride there, and by boat allows me to drive onto the island once we get there. Let's just say I've got a surprise or two to make even a dragon fear. We might be able to get a few mercs along. Pay them a mil to get us on the island. Save us resources," Johnny said.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012