Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So, about those Immortal Elves...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Johnny Reb
The plots that they were working on have mostly subsided for now, since the Tirs are up and running, teh Horrors are out of action and, in general, the Elves 'won' through the 50's, but, there's bound to be a second wave at some point.

The question is this: Will there be an IE book at some stage? Something akin to the Dragons or Coporate Download? I'm sure that it'd be a fraction of the size, but, to get a nice fat writeup on these people, plus some artwork (Finally able to tell the Blood Queen and her daughter, for example), it'd go a long way. See what's up in their world, how they're dealing with the new Veil and the civil uprising in Tangire, what'e teh Ancients up to these days, and so on and so forth.

Or has all intrest in these guys waned from over-exposure to the point that the very mention is somewhat poisonous?

-- Johnny Reb
mfb
hisss, poison.
Fortune
I'd love it, bit I'm not sure the majority of the community feels the same way.
Austere Emancipator
QUOTE (Fortune)

And I bet your title has nothing to do with it.
Tanka
QUOTE (Austere Emancipator)
QUOTE (Fortune)

Actually, it's thanks to a suggestion for new post-count titles.

And I don't care if you were being facetious! I like being serious and right! biggrin.gif
Just Jonny
While I seem to like the Immortal Elves more than most, I do think they work a hell of a lot better from the shadows. If the players have any clue they're dealing with an IE less that five or so runs into it, either they're assuming, or you're failing as a GM. So, I don't know if they really need an entire book. I could see a Threats 1 style listing, but anything beyond that seems a bit much.
Tanka
I could see a book just for basic info, what makes them tick, et cetera. No stats, as that would defeat the purpose as being major players (if not the players).

If not a book, then not even a blurb. Only the psychotic ramblings of conspiracy theorists.
Kanada Ten
Maybe just a What's Up with Those Wacky Elves section in Target: Awakend Lands 2, written by the Lone Gunman of course.
mfb
a blurb, i could handle. i didn't mind DotSW, because it seems like GDs spark less ED linkage than IEs do. also, everybody knows GDs are big-time power players; few people know that there are elves that near the GDs in power.
Ancient History
I'm game for it.
Johnny Reb
Even just an update in Threats 3 would be keen, I'd think. Sort of a "Can't tell the players without a scorecard" bit, with about a page for each covering known stuff (None of teh Earthdawn stuff) and an art piece.

If only to see the Laughing Man and Wordsmyth jab at each other a bit. "Looking a bit tubby there, E." That sort of thing. smile.gif
Kanada Ten
Threats 3, drool.
mfb
hmm. i'm starting to change my mind.

i liked what we got in DotSW, and i've never really minded the GDs--mainly because they're mentioned most often in a modern context. yes, they did stuff in T4W; yes, that stuff is sometimes referenced. but, for the most part, people tend to focus on what the GDs are doing now.

that lack of focus on what the IEs are doing in the modern world might be why there's so much focus on what they did in T4W. my main concern, though, is the fact that most runners in SR don't know about the IEs. if anything, any book or blurb that comes out should focus on "the elves of X", where X is one of the places where IEs tend to hold power (TT, TnN, one of those places in Africa). honestly, i can't see Harlequin (not to mention others) allowing the existence of IEs to become public knowledge. an expose on powerful elves, that maybe has two or three lines of shadowtalk hinting at the truth? more acceptable.
Connor
I would certainly love to see such a book, however difficult I think it would be to do it properly in the sense of a Shadowland post while giving some good details on what's up with the various IE's.

mfb's approach would certainly seem more plausible, but then some of the low-key IE's such as Harlequin would probably not be covered, as much as we need to know what they're up to.
Fortune
QUOTE (Austere Emancipator)

I love my shiny new title too. biggrin.gif
Shockwave_IIc
Rather have Kage's though.
Fortune
Not me! biggrin.gif
Shockwave_IIc
Which is "higher" though??
Ol' Scratch
I don't think it would sell well simply because there's nothing you could really do with them. Dragons, at the very least, are genuine power players in the world on the same level as megacoporate CEOs and world leaders, whereas the Immortal Elves, by and large, don't even exist as far as the vast majority of the world knows. Yes, they play the Chess game themselves, but they're just too damn boring and only useful in the metaplot to be a real big seller on their own.
Kanada Ten
Fortune is the number 4 poster; Kagetenshi is 6th.

It appears that Fortune is the only Immortal Elf at this time.
Kagetenshi
*Kills Fortune in retribution for downtime hunting*

~J
Kagetenshi
Aaaah, sweet release… the return of the ‘Shock.

*Munches on a Fortune drumstick*

~J
mintcar
don't think it would sell well simply because there's nothing you could really do with them. Dragons, at the very least, are genuine power players in the world on the same level as megacoporate CEOs and world leaders, whereas the Immortal Elves, by and large, don't even exist as far as the vast majority of the world knows. Yes, they play the Chess game themselves, but they're just too damn boring and only useful in the metaplot to be a real big seller on their own.

I think on the other hand that it WOULD be a huge seller. People hwo know of the immortal elfs would buy it out of curiosity if nothing else, and people who never heard of them would become majorly excited about something so mysterious. It would mean some changes to the current role of the immortals in the game world though. Even if it could still be very hush hush and conspiracy like, it would mean a bit more acceptance among shadowrunners to the idea of immortal elfs. I don´t know if that´s a good idea or not. And they would have to become more usefull in campains and less "boring", which I´m sure they would, if there were more info on their dealings.
Fortune
Not so fast, Kagetenshi .... and put down that ghoul limb you are chewing on. Consider the past 36 hours. Now you have seen a very small demonstration of my power, and that at only the mere thought of hostile action towards me. You would be wise to refrain from that type of thing in the future.
toturi
Ha! A little Otaku bird whispered in my ear. Mirage is displeased with you, Fortune.

IEs and AIs.... mmmm... munchy.
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (Fortune)
Not so fast, Kagetenshi .... and put down that ghoul limb you are chewing on. Consider the past 36 hours. Now you have seen a very small demonstration of my power, and that at only the mere thought of hostile action towards me. You would be wise to refrain from that type of thing in the future.

Hello. My name is Sirrug. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

~S
mintcar
Princess Bride love.gif Love that movie
Johnny Reb
So, there's some intrest, if only to establish a checklist?
Fortune
There is a checklist of sorts provided by our resident guru of all things Metaplot. Follow the link to Ancient History's site.
jezryaldar
For what it is worth, the IE's are mainly tied to the Tir's so anything the Tir's are doing should give you some ideas.

I also think that the big Meta plots would get MUCH more revealed the more the IE's are talked about.

I think that the IE's are much more open to indvidual GM interp so that you can have more flexibility in your game.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012