Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Company's In the Sixth World
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Shockwave_IIc
Basically because i don't like the idea of using the "Big Ten" all the time. I like the idea of using smaller companys, A or B rated Corps, some times need to hire shadowrunners, basically the little guy's.

I was thinking of compiling a list of who owns what and who they in turn are owned by.

Big question before i do this however is, has anyone done this before?
Synner
Yes it has. Though I'm not sure who's hosting Nath's superb list.
Spook
There's a short list of the major subsidiaries of each mega in corporate download which is usually just fine. My players usually don't hear "FTL Matrixware" and think "Novatech" right on the spot, so it works out fine for me.

Though, if someone has compiled some sort of massive list, i'm certainly interested.
Shockwave_IIc
QUOTE (Synner @ Nov 22 2004, 10:50 PM)
Yes it has. Though I'm not sure who's hosting Nath's superb list.

What!! You saying you didn't copy it to your HD?

I am truely dissapointed wink.gif
Synner
Sorry, I get the to the uber-supa-dupa-ultra-top-secret version™, Nath cooked up for FanPro freelancer reference. wink.gif As all such stuff that contains plot material which can't be released it is covered by NDA.

However there was one or more sites which hosted copies of Nath's public list IIRC.
Shockwave_IIc
Damn you Synner!!!! *Shakes fist*

Though to fair i'm at the moment only after Tss style reports, with a Owned by/ Owns attachment.
Kanada Ten
Corp List. I'm not sure what version this is compared to Nath's current version.
404 damn it.
Shockwave_IIc
Ok's i've put the "Big Ten" on to an Excel Sheet, can people help with locating the same info for other corps? (ie, Shareholders, Attribute/ Asset rating, Subsideries etc.)

Thanks.
Kanada Ten
Ready?

name rating ownership sources
[ Spoiler ]
Shockwave_IIc
LMAO
Well i did ask for it....
Thanks, not everything i asked for. Something to start with though, just got sift through to find the "AA's"
Kanada Ten
You said A or B rated!
Shockwave_IIc
Did i? oops

Well i meant all biggrin.gif Guessing i won't any AA's in there then Oh well.
Link
Ford Corporation A/ R3, CDL, SR3, T:UCAS-56,57

Anyone recall the RBB reference that Ford were owned by an offshore group in the Caribbean League?
jezryaldar
Did I catch that someone was mentioning that someone was creating a suppliment for FanPro already? I also was looking for this type of list and was about to create one myself...
Kanada Ten
Nath complied a list for freelancers and the list posted here. He has a more current version, but I can't find it on his site. To my knowldge they have no intention of posting a full list of all companies, but it would rock.
jezryaldar
I also think that putting together a sample "corporate sturcture" would help. It could be a blurb in the next version of the corporate download. As an example use the Chrome Accountants through explanation of how corps work ect.
Kanada Ten
Didn't Corporate Shadowfiles do that? It's been so long since I read that book, but I think it has something about it.
Connor
QUOTE (Kanada Ten)
Corp List. I'm not sure what version this is compared to Nath's current version.
404 damn it.

That link is working again. That file is from May of 2003 I believe...so it might be out of date if there's some updated information.
Kanada Ten
Thanks for getting her back on, Connor. When we next see Nath, let's corral him into giving us the new version.
Crimsondude 2.0
Not to mention that I could have sworn that in the 5-6-whatever years I've been around I've rarely heard people laud Findley for the details into corp structure he went into in CS. Mostly it's been the same comment repeated ad nauseum: "I didn't buy CS to get an economics lecture."
Synner
NAth's list Connor and Kanada have linked to is updated as far as DotSW. A more recent version includes the SoE additions. I'll see if I can reach NAth. he's been kind of busy recently.
DrJest
QUOTE (Crimsondude 2.0)
Not to mention that I could have sworn that in the 5-6-whatever years I've been around I've rarely heard people laud Findley for the details into corp structure he went into in CS. Mostly it's been the same comment repeated ad nauseum: "I didn't buy CS to get an economics lecture."

Are you kidding? I got about a dozen minor run ideas out of the economic shenanigans he described just browsing through that book! I might add that a lot of it appears (to my uneducated eye) to be valid when looking at the activities of RL corps, although I am not an economist so I could be reading more into it than there is.
Shockwave_IIc
QUOTE (Crimsondude 2.0)

Actually i found the "economics lecture" very enjoyable to read. As Dr Jest said, wether or not it's real fact it came across like it was.

Corperate Shadowfiles is one of the few SR2 books i didn't give to my friend.
Nath
QUOTE (Synner)
Sorry, I get the to the uber-supa-dupa-ultra-top-secret version™, Nath cooked up for FanPro freelancer reference. wink.gif As all such stuff that contains plot material which can't be released  it is covered by NDA.

Come on, the list is nowhere as secretive as you make it sounds. In any version, it's based solely on published and released material (plus some crossed references about RL corps). As such, it would not infringe freelancer's NDA. If I made available only a limited version, it's because I wasn't too sure about where it would stand regarding copyright law and sales damage. Without answering this question, I only made publicly available a limited corporate index. It doesn't stop at SoE, it includes JLBB and SOTA:2064.
thepatriot
Oh come on Nath, we know you're on the up-and-up... quit with all the 'public' drek and get to the good stuff. We KNOW you got it on the sly, so you may as well share.

PS: I didn't see Puget Microsystems anywhere... it happens to be one of my favorite... um... targets smile.gif Is it a AA as I have been led to believe? Or did Novatech take it?

Come on! Out with it! Vee have vays ov making yu talk...
Crimsondude 2.0
Hm. Two users of the umteen hundred doesn't exactly seem like a refutation of, well, cold, hard fact.
Johnny Reb
Wouldn't happen to have one of those handy in a non-Excel format, I don't suppose?

-- Johnny Reb
Connor
The PDF version I had has been updated for those of you who don't have access to Excel or OpenOffice or something, or just don't want to deal with it. That link is http://www.dicebag.com/connor/shadowrun/corplist.pdf
Ed Simons
Thanks for providing this list in both formats, though I find the spreadsheet more useful than the .PDF file.

For those of us running something a bit earlier in the timeline, does anyone know what bits of Novatech, Shiawase, and Renraku used to be Fuchi? (Other than the obvious bits, of course.)
Connor
I think back when I made the first pdf some people asked for it since they didn't have access to excel or something. The straight translation from spreadsheet to pdf isn't the greatest, but it's something for those that don't want to bother installing excel or openoffice just for the list.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012