Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Source Material (Book) on A and AA's
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
jezryaldar
Figured we would find out exactly how much interest there is in this.
Kanada Ten
Argh, what is it with polls and no "something in between" options.
Kagetenshi
B-grade corps: no point. Why not a book on five-person "gangs" while we're at it?

A-grade corps: like B-grade, but less so.

AA-grade corps: sure, why not.

~J
Crisp
I'd like to see this book, ever after I read stuff on "corps" like Abraxas or Carras Comunications in PoaD, I've been wandering what they've been up to with Dunkies cash. Besides if you had a couple of interesting minicorps you could have runs with a more "personal" feel than you could against/for Ares or MCT. A single run could make or break Carras Com, hell a PC could even become a significant shareholder in such a corp.
Kagetenshi
The more I think about it, the less I like the idea for exactly the reasons Crisp mentions.

~J
jezryaldar
QUOTE (Crisp)
I'd like to see this book, ever after I read stuff on "corps" like Abraxas or Carras Comunications in PoaD, I've been wandering what they've been up to with Dunkies cash. Besides if you had a couple of interesting minicorps you could have runs with a more "personal" feel than you could against/for Ares or MCT. A single run could make or break Carras Com, hell a PC could even become a significant shareholder in such a corp.

I think it is up to the GM to make sure that a single run doesnt break an A or a AA. They are going to have their own spin control ect. Now, it might make that corp easy pickings for one of the mega's and who knows, perhaps that was the purpose all along.

I think that something we are overlooking is the people angle. Perhaps one of these AA's is run by an ex protege of Villiers. Suddenly, this little A gets a cash infusion from Dunkie, as well as an influx from some Eurpean investment group and BOOM now is a AA and is hiring for runs against Nova subsidaries.

The players find out in the end it was a move by Villiers himself to bring more companies into the fold ect....

Bottom line I wondered is this, would it be helpful to have 15 - 20 A and AA corps listed out with people places ect. Listing out their supposed allies, agenda's ect as a quick reference for a GM of any experience level.
Stumps
Yes, but not the way that you're talking about.

What I would like to see is a book that has a bunch of information on the set-ups of specific corps and some real basic hinting information (rather than an all out explination like you're seeming to want) of "what they're up to".

I don't want them personalized because then they stop being "them" and start being "him"/"her". That's bad because it degrades the entire "fight the system" feel that vaguely overshades shadowrun.

But a book that goes into the Corps more indepth than they have been would be nice.

Actually...a book per AA Corp would be a good place to start.
We have location sourcebooks for play, why not AA sourcebooks (not adventures) for play?

But really...I want more AAA source books first.
jezryaldar
What I would like to see is a book that has a bunch of information on the set-ups of specific corps and some real basic hinting information (rather than an all out explination like you're seeming to want) of "what they're up to".

I think you are correct to some extent, and it is my fault for giving such a specific example. I actually like a mixture of both, hints and more "spelled" out.

I don't want them personalized because then they stop being "them" and start being "him"/"her".  That's bad because it degrades the entire "fight the system" feel that vaguely overshades shadowrun.

I was thinking myself that it ALWAYS comes down to him/her... Everything is motivated by people. I know that the system says biz is biz, however, biz is driven by people who have plans, goals, hopes, emotions ect. It is those emotions and plans that are diving the runners careers. ****Should we move this concept to a seperate thread??****

As for wanting more on the AAA's, what do you think we are missing?
Birdy
A book on A and AA corps might be useful, if it includes:

+ Some sample corps (various business types)

- Delivery/Moving companies (And their security)

- House cleaning services (Security leak - Watch Wallstreet)

- Mafia Pizza

- Renting/Housing agency (How to find information on people)

- Repo Agencies (And make their lives misserable)

+ A chapter or two on "role your own" rules, stuff like:

- What personel to expect in the various corporations

- Roles/capabilities of "overlooked stuff" (Hint: Never piss off the bosses secretary)

- Average budgets

Birdy

lodestar
In the beginning of most of the rulebooks like Rigger3,Man and Machine, etc there's usually a bit about the major players in any given fiel and smaller corps are generally listed - I find it interesting that Honda still remains somewhat of a lesser corp - but you get an idea for some of the smaller or more specialized players in the corp world.

Now if someone would compile these little sections together....*cough*Ancient It might be sort of helpful.
FlakJacket
Think that's probably more Nath's territory than AnHi's.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012