Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Silly question
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Spook
In 2057 after Dunkelzahn bit the big one, Daviar was given a crapload of Ares shares and a seven year plan detailing what to do with them.

Since SOTA 2064 is out there now, I have to ask : what has she done with her stock in Ares Macrotech? Did they just let this subplot fall by the wayside, or am I missing something?
Ancient History
Initially, she ceded voting for the stock to Damien Knight in exchange for his help quelling riots after the Big D's death. That was the catalyst for Aurelius to jump ship to CATCo, one of the Big D's interests. Vogel might have bought up his shares with some under-the-counter financial backing from Dunkie's Estate.

Other than that? Not sure.
BitBasher
Initially, she ceded voting for the stock to Damien Knight in exchange for his help quelling riots after the Big D's death.
I thought in a novel she ceeded the voting rights in exchange for the life of her munchkin boyfriend Ryan Mercury.
Bigity
Ugh.
Spook
I found some of her voting in favor of Knight in corporate download, but didn't know about the Ryan Mercury thing (haven't read many of the novels)

Oh well, thanks.
mintcar
Could have been both. Wouldn´t put it below Damien Knight to threathen her boyfriend, but I think Nadia should be somewhat more cutthroat than she is portraid in the Dragon Heart Saga. And that story is told mostly through Ryans perspective. He doesn´t know everything about Nadias dealings. She might have gained more benefits from that deal than he knew about.
Kagetenshi
"Benefits", yes.

~J
Cynic project
Well, of all the AAA, what one has the DF's back the most? Why it is Ares. In all the trouble of the Americas what AAA has focused it's efforts the most the way big D wanted? Well, Ares again. So wile I do not really know the details,I can say this.I think that elf was pulling strings to get things done in her back yard.
Ecclesiastes
I don't think that Ares messing around with Bug Spirits the way they did in Betrayal was something that Big D would have wanted.
mintcar
Damien Knight is a son of a bitch. If we assume the novels really happened, that elf wouldn´t vote Knight´s way unless she had a lot to gain or had no choice.
Gilthanis
Yeah a sticky situation she was in. The dragon heart saga definitely spelled it out as her giving in to Damien to save Ryan's butt. And unfortunately the novels tend to go pretty much hand in hand with the story lines outlined in the books. IIRC, Damien made her sign the rights for an extended period of time, but haven't read those books in several years. I think they try to portray Ares as the nicest bad guy when it comes to Corps. Otherwise, there is noboddy there to really back up the "good guys" when major drek hits the fan. (Except for Harlequin lol)
Cynic project
Ares is the worst,and badest AAA,that is until you count the other 9....
Adarael
I thought in a novel she ceeded the voting rights in exchange for the life of her munchkin boyfriend Ryan Mercury.

Wait, DAVIAR is Mercury's girlfriend?!?
Oh, that's just freaking excerable...

I'm going to go shoot myself in the balls now, thanks.
Kagetenshi
I think the only good guys are Yamatetsu and Aztechnology.

Or was that Yamatetsu and Saeder-Krupp?

~J
Gyro the Greek Sandwich Pirate
Probably Saeder-Krupp.

Aztechnology has that whole problem with the blood and the evil.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012