Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SR Fan Films
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Slamm-O
anyone else notice that the german fanpro site has new videos up? as well as some reshoots/edits (dice at least).

Just wondering if the whole english speaking counterpart ever materialized? anyone have something to show? Also were there any subtitles produced for illusions or dice?

also some guy named Christopher Pico who makes some star wars fan films supposedly made a 90 min shadowrun movie, anyone have that or know if it can be found on the net?

Mr. Man
QUOTE (Slamm-O)
also some guy named Christopher Pico who makes some star wars fan films supposedly made a 90 min shadowrun movie, anyone have that or know if it can be found on the net?

Well the Google cache of the interview where he talks about this (one of two links containing his name and "shadowrun") has this to say:
I've been wanting to make a film of some type for years (I made a lousy Shadowrun full length fan film back in '94), and the one I finally settled on just happened to take place in the Star Wars universe.

Neither of the two links mention the title of this film. Besides, you know it's got to be pretty bad when the director says so himself...

the_dunner
In the same vein, I've been sort of half-heartedly looking for his one for a few years. Back at GenCon in the early '90's ('91, most likely), FASA had a videotape of a very short (5 min?) Shadowrun movie that they'd made. I think it had a budget of about $0.50. There was one special effect where the mage-chick cast a sleep spell, and her eyes glowed purple. Everyone had huge '80's hair. The sets looked like something out of Dr. Who.

Basically, it was godawful terrible. So, of course, they sold out of the tapes in about the first hour of the first day. However, it was playing on all of the monitors that they had set in the dealer's room for the rest of hte weekend.

Does anyone else remember this? If so, does anyone know where (or if) you could find it?
Crimson Jack
Heh, yes. What a piece of trash too. You can sometimes find that movie at comic book conventions. I've seen it as several of the Portland and Seattle area comico's, not that it would be worth buying. It's pretty bad. biggrin.gif

If you want to check out a much cooler (but not officially Shadowrun) movie, take a look at the French film, Immortel. This was easier to find than the official Shadowrun film and has so much of the Shadowrun feel to it, it's uncanny. Scopewise, its a bit on the high end of what a runner's life would be like, but stunning nonetheless. As I recall, I paid close to $35 for is (due to it being an import). However, if some of you are members to certain file sharing sites, I've found that you can get it for free.

Not that I condone that type of thing. wink.gif
Crimsondude 2.0
Um, for those of us who are not adept at the German language....

Link?
Slamm-O
http://www.fanpro.com/sr/ is the site look for 'sr film' on the bar to the left then click on the various hyperlinked words (they are the titles) and save as. The top 2 are new since the contest i believe.
audun
Remember reading the Bilal comic they've obviously made the Immortel movie from. looks cool. Even though I haven't seen it, but based on Crimson Jacks comments and the old comic: Don't download, support people who makes intelligent and good science fiction movies with nuyen.gif . (Wouldn't say that for some other movies though. Wish I could get my money back for League of Extraordinary Gentlemen). If you don't want to pay 35$ try to convince your local "art" cinema to show it.

As for shadowrun fan movies I believe people would be far better off using flash and shockwave than these crappy amatur movies like the one on German FanPro's site.
Ol' Scratch
Man, now I want to create an organlegger that wears a cool fedora like the one in the first movie. Just some dude sitting in the middle of nowhere going to town with a hand saw. Aww yeah.
Kagetenshi
Does no one make Shadowrun movies in something other than Windows Media Format?

~J
Ol' Scratch
That's what you get for choosing Macintosh.
Kagetenshi
I'm still watching it on my Mac, I just hate the format smile.gif

~J
Ol' Scratch
Bah!
KillaJ
QUOTE (Crimson Jack)
Heh, yes. What a piece of trash too. You can sometimes find that movie at comic book conventions. I've seen it as several of the Portland and Seattle area comico's, not that it would be worth buying. It's pretty bad. biggrin.gif

If you want to check out a much cooler (but not officially Shadowrun) movie, take a look at the French film, Immortel. This was easier to find than the official Shadowrun film and has so much of the Shadowrun feel to it, it's uncanny. Scopewise, its a bit on the high end of what a runner's life would be like, but stunning nonetheless. As I recall, I paid close to $35 for is (due to it being an import). However, if some of you are members to certain file sharing sites, I've found that you can get it for free.

Not that I condone that type of thing. wink.gif

Dude, you know that you are dealing with some quality cinema when there are two nude scenes in the preview. This is clearly top notch entertainment. biggrin.gif
Crimson Jack
Indeed. biggrin.gif
Aku
i suppose once i get my camera and everything else i need i could do a short movie on it... and i guess i could start taking ideas now..

and no, this isnt a joke, i was a video/film major and just graduated
Cakeman
i suppose once i get my camera and everything else i need i could do a short movie on it... and i guess i could start taking ideas now..

and no, this isnt a joke, i was a video/film major and just graduated

Just start a new topic under community projects, I have no doubts the ideas will be pouring in.
mattness pl
Heh. Right now I try too gather polish SR fans.
When I saw movies on that page: http://www.fanpro.com/sr/ I said to myself - "man, that's not so hard to create a movie". Shadowrun isn't well known in Poland. But already I gather some friends from polish net. And I think that fan SR movie is great idea.
I don't understand one thing - why there's no Shadowrun fan movie made by people from Dumpshock?
It's pretty funny - no-one except Germans made SR-fan film(Jeez! I'm so jealous :bs: - btw. Respect from Poland, German friends).
Why?
Crimsondude 2.0
QUOTE (Doctor Funkenstein)
That's what you get for choosing Macintosh.

Decent movie formats?

Yeah, it sucks.
Fix-it
QUOTE (Crimson Jack @ Dec 1 2004, 10:50 PM)
If you want to check out a much cooler (but not officially Shadowrun) movie, take a look at the French film, Immortel.  This was easier to find than the official Shadowrun film and has so much of the Shadowrun feel to it, it's uncanny.  Scopewise, its a bit on the high end of what a runner's life would be like, but stunning nonetheless.  As I recall, I paid close to $35 for is (due to it being an import).  However, if some of you are members to certain file sharing sites, I've found that you can get it for free. 

Not that I condone that type of thing.  wink.gif

And Suprnova just went down today. mad.gif
Eismann
Moin

I don't understand one thing - why there's no Shadowrun fan movie made by people from Dumpshock?
It's pretty funny - no-one except Germans made SR-fan film

I don't know... English versions are absolutely acceptable for the contest. Films in other languages maybe should use subtitles in english or german.

Ciao,

Eismann
iPad
Ive seen some good 40K fan stuff from Germany. It was in german so made no sense but it had some good cgi and costume in it. GW also made a 20 odd minute long film which had some fairly dated cgi in it. It was ok but cost me £15 ($28), a huge rip off imho.

I think the SR universe would make a truly awesome setting a proper feature length film. The time may be right, they made one about DnD (which I havent seen so will not comment on), and hell theyre starting to run dry on the comic book heros now. But I think they should make it classy and adult NOT aimed as a pg or tongue in cheek. I know how badly the studio would want to sell its toys and have troll street sams in happy meals.

If it was like the film Ronin crossed with Blade Runner I recon that would rock.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012