Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [ShadowsOfEurope] Why do so few people talk?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Cynic project
I have looked threw SOE and some cuntries have less than 100% spoken languages..Like 6-7 million people in Germany do not speak.
mfb
note the name of the section: major languages spoken. the other 7% don't speak any language that's common in that country--1% english, 1% russian, 0.5% sperethiel, etcetera.
Crimson Jack
Runner: How much for a charm?
S.Witch: ---
Runner: Yoohoo... how much for the wiz?
Runner: Look, you selling these or what?

Runner roughs up Street Witch. Cop shows up.

Runner: What are you doing?!
Cop: ---
Runner: Hey, get your hands off of me!
Cop: ---

Cop points his finger at the runner. Cop takes runner "downtown".

Runner: Look, yer honor, I don't know why the frag I'm here. No one seems to be able to tell me anything.
Judge: ---
Sepherim
LOL!!! grinbig.gif
Stumps
Runner 1: "So...Joe right? yeah...um...not to be pushy, but how long till this bomb goes off if you can't defuse it? I mean..should we start running?"
Runner 2:---
otaku mike
You have to love linguasofts cool.gif

Also, you may have noticed that for some countries, the total is way over 100%.
Check France with its 141%! That simply means that a lot of people know at least 2 languages (mostly French as a native and English as a second language).
toturi
QUOTE (otaku mike @ Dec 4 2004, 10:57 AM)
You have to love linguasofts cool.gif

Also, you may have noticed that for some countries, the total is way over 100%.
Check France with its 141%! That simply means that a lot of people know at least 2 languages (mostly French as a native and English as a second language).

You mean like:

Runner 1: Bloody double crossing Johnson! I'll fragging frag his hoop!

Runner 2: Kaninabe chaojibai! Yobtovyumat! Fragging peice of drek!

2 Runners 3 languages?
mfb
you're all doing it wrong. this is an RPG. the proper way to denote someone saying nothing is "..." get it right !!
Cynic project
In the real world there are countries that nearly everyone speaks 3-5 languages. There are reason for having a more than a 100% languages, there really isn't one for have less than 100%.
Synner
Currently in Portugal an estimated 8% of the resident population (not national population) doesn't speak enough Portuguese to pass a secondary school exam, the numbers are similar in France and the UK despite the increasing restrictions on immigration.
Cynic project
And large part of California and the Mid-west do not speak English..But they do speak Spanish. And if you can add all those people up to make say eve .5% You have a lot of spanish speakers.
Shockwave_IIc
QUOTE (Synner)
the UK despite the increasing restrictions on immigration.

LOL yeah right....

Pull the other one it's got bells on.....

Actually to be fair restrictions are increasing, they just don't seem to be doing a great deal.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012