Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GM Tools and other stuff
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Shader
first of all hello to the folk of shadows.

I've been a SR GM for close to 4 years running oneshots and short campaigns, mostly set into North America. During my time I've noticed that hunting down all those tables, lists and whatnots from all 5 corebooks I own (SR3, SR3C, MiTS, M&M and CC) is tedious, if not downright impossible whilst keeping the game flowing.

Anyways, are there freely distributable collections of key tables around. Common combat and magic modifiers and whatnot? I know there is a GM screen available, but I don't go for those, as they a inconvenient in size and we more often game on the floor, or sofas or other non-table fixtures. Or any other such tools to help?

On another note, have any of the published books made more than passing remarks to Scandinavia and Finland? Being a Finnish native I'd be very interested on knowing what sort of ideas others have had for this area?
Fygg Nuuton
check mcmackies site, he has them all for easy reference IIRC
Fortune
The GM's screen is worth getting though, if only for the Critters suppliment included with it.
kevyn668
check mcmackies site, he has them all for easy reference IIRC

Got a link? or is it in the Shadowrun Links thread?
Fortune
QUOTE (kevyn668)
Got a link? or is it in the Shadowrun Links thread?

It's in the 'Links' thread, but to save you searching, NSRCG. smile.gif
kevyn668
Thanks smile.gif
Ezra
Wordman did an "Equipment List" that contained just about everything ever mentioned in anything even vaguely SR related.
IT drew information from about 40 different source books, magazines etc.

I have no idea where you'll find it though. My last GM had it in .pdf.
(And, come to think of it, I am not sure just how legal it is/was.)
DigitalMage
QUOTE (Shader)
I know there is a GM screen available, but I don't go for those, as they a inconvenient in size

You could buy it and then photocopy the 3 sides of charts so you can have them on paper rather than a trifold screen. Alternatively transcribe all the charts onto a few pages in a word processing package.

I myself have written up extensive notes on all the core rules of SR, referencing pages etc. I can now answer most rules questions simply by referencing my "bible" rather than a number of books. E.g. I have 14 pages of security rules collating all the good stuff from SR3, SRComp3, SOTA63 and MITS.
Zazen
Feel like sharing? biggrin.gif
sir fwank
that equipment list is on kazaa. it is second edition though. so some of the cyber has changed.
Hot Wheels
And taking copywriter stuff from there is not encouraged here.

The screen does have the advantage of blocking views of the GM's ppwork. Our GM usually uses an old D&D screen which is nice and big.
grendel
I have a pretty extensive listing of tables and whatnot in an Excel spreadsheet. Get it here.
DigitalMage
QUOTE (Zazen)
Feel like sharing? biggrin.gif

I'm afraid not as I would then live in fear of being killed by the numerous Dumpshockers who would hate me for copyright infringement. eek.gif

Seriously, I don't even let my players have a hardcopy, god forbid a softcopy. It is for me and me alone!!!!! biggrin.gif

I do however produce some crib sheets for players as well as some handouts that ease Character Creation (e.g. the Build Point costs of attributes, skills etc also I have compiled a list of skills with references to the books)
Crimson Jack
I've always used an old-fashioned 3-ring binder and just spent the time compiling the information so that I have exactly what I want. No fluff. Works wonders for me. I hardly ever have to rummage through books for information.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012