Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Awakened Penguins?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Otaku On Acid
I'm looking for an awakened penguin to use aganist my plyaers in a pseudo artic area. I dind't see one in critters or paranormal animals of europe. Anyone know where I can find one?
Herald of Verjigorm
Wastelands is the place to check for antarctic slaughter tactics (like penguins of doom), but the only local dangers I can remember right now were the equivalent of wild great form Jack Frosts (the icy spirit in Critters and maybe elsewhere).
Snow_Fox
They're not terribly dangerous but you can look in Bloom County
Cable
The players will have an aversion to penguins for the rest of their lives...
Gyro the Greek Sandwich Pirate
Nothing in Wastelands...but who says you can't make your own? wink.gif
Ol' Scratch
Just throw a criminal mastermind of a dwarf with an umbrella and tuxedo fetish at 'em. If you're dead-set on making him an Awakened threat, turn him into a magician to boot.
BitBasher
I made you a terifying penguin...
Okay.. how about:

Gates Penguin
Spheniscus Mendiculus Occidentalis

65cm in height, 4.2 kg in weight and walks erect, predominantly black with white belly and occasional yellow markings surrounding the eyes.

The Gates Penguin is believed to be an awakened variant of the Galapagos Penguin (Spheniscus Mendiculus Mendiculus), alightly larger in size but similar in coloration. The Gates penguin is carniverous and hunts in packs. These Penguins are typically found in groups of 6 to 18 and are believed to be highly intelligent.

The Gates Penguin has evolved with a very hard pointed bill which allows the penguin to attack by gaining speed through it's Movement power (sere below) at which point it slides accross ice or snow on it's belly impaling it's target. It instinctually aims for legs in order to disable the prey so the flock and the younger penguins may practice attacks against a hobbled opponent. In warmer climates Where a surface is not suitable for sliding the penguin will at high speeds tuck into a somersault rolling on the ground then stiffen allowing it to sail through the air for as far as six meters to attack prey.

Despite their small size these Penguins are incredibly determined and often are able to kill larger prey such as Walruses without difficulty. They often enploy tactics of having several penguins cavort and play as a distraction while others will circle around a quickly line up dehabilitating attacks. They also mix in with normal Galapagos Penguins in order to use them as a diversion.

The Gates Penguin was named in honor of Winton Gates, the first scientist to classify the new awakened breed, and was also the first human recorded to fall victim to the species.

The known powers for the Gates penguin are Movement (self), Enhanced Senses (Smell, Hearing), Enhanced Reactions, Enhanced Quickness (Three Times per day)

Bod: 2
Str: 2
Qui: 4 x2 (x5 swimming)
Int: 4*
Wil: 5
Essence: 6

Attacks: Peck (3L), Slide (6M-12M depending on speed)

vegm.gif grinbig.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012