Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Old stats
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Catsnightmare
Having been forced to sell nearly all my 2nd edition books for food money I was wondering if some of you could post the old 2nd edition stats for ...
Expendable Fetishes
Remington 990 shotgun
and the 2nd edition cost multiplyer for Alphaware
kevyn668
They frown on that sort of stuff around here.
Arethusa
For god's sake, it's 2nd edition. No one's making money from that anymore.
KaOs
QUOTE (Catsnightmare)
Having been forced to sell nearly all my 2nd edition books for food money I was wondering if some of you could post the old 2nd edition stats for ...
Expendable Fetishes
Remington 990 shotgun
and the 2nd edition cost multiplyer for Alphaware

Besides the Remington 990 why would you want to stick with SR2 rules? Why not go with SR3 rules with alphaware.
Fresno Bob
Isn't the Remington 990 in the Cannon Companion?

*is too lazy to go check*
Kayne
'Tis.
Jason Farlander
The Remmington 990 is, indeed, in CC on page 23. The only difference between the SR2 and SR3 versions is that the SR2 damage code for using shot ammo was 10S, whereas in SR3 it's 10D(f).

Expendable Fetishes, IIRC, were 1/10th the price of reuseable fetishes, can only be used once, and do not require a bonding ritual.

SR2 Alpha-grade cyberware had the same essence multiplier as SR3 - 0.8 - but had a cost multplier of 3 as opposed to 2.
Catsnightmare
Thanks for the reply. smile.gif

I was looking at an older character sheet (SR3 before CC was released) and noticed the discrepancy in damage codes compared to now and was curious if I had it wrong or not.

As for the others I'm thinking of running a 2053 era game and was wanting the coresponding cost of alphaware in that earlyer time, and I want to bring expendible fetishes back too.

{edited to fix the lack-of-sleep induced typo}
Bigity
Um, doesn't SR3 have expenable fetishes and expendable foci?
Lantzer
Yes, it does. MITS.
Jason Farlander
Nope. Expendable foci arent the same thing as expendable fetishes at all. Expendable foci are essentially multi-thousand nuyen grenades. Expendable fetishes fulfill the fetish limitation for casting a spell, but can only be used once. The fetishes listed in SR3 and in the gear tables in MITS are *reusable* fetishes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012