Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reality Check
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Azrael
Decided to remind my players of the realities of the world in our latest run - they had to kidnap girl X and keep her out of the system for Y days. They went the way of drugging her, so after a couple of hours I made them make a smell perception test to notice that the poor girl had shit herself. Instantly involved the player into their characters though.

Anyone else got classic moments of reality check?
iPad
Lone Star turn upto fastfood joints quicker than any other establishment
FrostyNSO
Any team who has attempted the infamous 'bank robbery' run (ours included) has experienced a severe reality check.
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (Azrael @ Dec 12 2004, 04:29 AM)
Decided to remind my players of the realities of the world in our latest run - they had to kidnap girl X and keep her out of the system for Y days. They went the way of drugging her, so after a couple of hours I made them make a smell perception test to notice that the poor girl had shit herself. Instantly involved the player into their characters though.

Anyone else got classic moments of reality check?

Ah hah hah! That rocks!

EDIT: after that incident, since she was drugged anyway, I'd just keep her drugged and naked in a motel bathtub. De-drug and dress her just before she's due to be returned. And maybe give her a cheeseburger.
Mercer
Sounds like prom night all over again. Who says chivalry is dead in the 6th World?
draco aardvark
"Make this guy miss work on Friday, partial pay if he's just really late" and they were expecting really heavy security at his house and for him to have cyber and something to fight them with. Well, he was just a marketing drone and had all of a datajack and no combat skill. They were hired by the guy who thought he was going to miss the promotion on friday to the target. Not everybody knows how to use a gun.

Oh, and when you ask someone to help you on a run, and she summons a high-force elemental for you - don't tell her she didn't really contribute and take half her cut.
GrinderTheTroll
More of a funny moment:

Runners tripped a silent alarm when they botched breaking-in and had been under heavy fire from the get go: (2) 4-man squads of AK-97, 7/5 armored guards; elite body guards and a few Green-3 gas attacks later they managed to break into the security office.

First runner in is drawing the fire by moving to one side of the room as his team-mate moves in behind him. Without asking, he points to a miniature, rolls his dice, counts successes to which I reply, "Congratulations, you killed a technician!"

His jaw-dropping look of shock was priceless. rotfl.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012