Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bugs vs Cyberzombies
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
lodestar
Any one have an instance of a one on one bizarre encounter like this? Is there any mention in the SR world of the reaction of one to the other? We all know that regular awakened critters and spirits shun them and astrally projecting characters take punishment if they pass through one. How would bugs spirits react to one? What if a dormant bug spirit was in range of a cyber zombie?

Anyhoo just something I thought of, discuss amongst yourselves. wink.gif
Fix-it
If it were astral-only, I'd have the spirit (and several more)get sucked into the zombie, then have a severe case of MPD.
akarenti
I think the insect spirit would probably have about the same reaction as Bugs have toe everything else--which is to say, none at all, until directed by the shaman or queen. I don't think that an insect could be invested into a cyberzombie, so I would expect that that the shaman/queen would try to destroy the 'zombie, if they saw it as a threat. Most magically active things percieve cyberzombies as threats.

I don't think spirits become trapped inside cyberzombies unless they succeed in possessing the 'zombie.

I don't know much about the dormant bugs.
Kagetenshi
Maybe they're natural enemies. We might have another addition to the venerable list including pirates vs. ninja, samurai vs. knight, physad vs. streetsam, etc.

~J
kevyn668
"Cyberzombie vs. Bugs" sounds like a good addition to the New Year's Eve Debate '04 possiblities. smile.gif
Thanos007
the New Year's Eve Debate '04 possiblities

What is this and how do I become part of it?

Thanos
Kagetenshi
The successor to these threads, which were the subject of a New Year's Eve flamewar in which the true Geek amongst us showed our true colours.

~J
Thanos007
Well if thats the case. I vote for something else. Does anyone feel passionately about
Cyberzombie vs. Bugs
? Nice little intellectual work out but hardly on the order of humans vs. horrors. BTW that thread is starting up again.

Thanos
kevyn668
I think they already made a movie like this. They called it "Alien vs. Predator" IIRC. nyahnyah.gif
Gyro the Greek Sandwich Pirate
Ok, so insect spirits would be nonplussed about a cyberzombie.

How about a squad of cyberzombies, attackin' the hive and the queen? biggrin.gif
Herald of Verjigorm
QUOTE (Gyro the Greek Sandwich Pirate)
How about a squad of cyberzombies, attackin' the hive and the queen? biggrin.gif

Then it will be reacted to with the same general method as any other threat. Attempt to crush the intruders with the mindless servants to protect the queen. Depending on the queen's knowledge of technology, the tactic may be to send workers out to use up ammunition, with some sorcery-capable servants using something like animate to maximize the bullet-absorbtion of each worker ("if it moves shoot it" isn't always the best course).

If the squad is designed specifically to kill the hive, and is theoretically tough enough that they don't need to react to the horde sent at them, the queen had better start packing or hope that there's a few warriors tougher than the CZ designers expected.
toturi
Presumably the Hive should win. If the Queen invested in a Flesh Form Worker with a tactical computer(assuming that the cyberware functions; I do not read anything that indicates otherwise) and a SUT skill as well as other Flesh Form Soldiers with Battle Tac cyber(again assuming cyber still works for Flesh Forms). Even better yet, have those Soldier Fleshforms be cyber implanted Para-animals.

1 tactical center, a couple of Demon Rat Flesh Forms summoning more Devil Rats and normal Rats as well as trhe Queen summoning insects. Overwhelm via numbers.
Tanka
Well, pretty much anything in terms of spirits hates Cyberzombies, as they're abominations of magic.

Take that to insect spirits, which have a few more violent tendancies, and then it all depends on the force of the spirit and what the Cyberzombie can do.

So, in essence (no pun intended), yes. silly.gif
Fix-it
It would be fun to watch though. (from a safe distance, with a very twisted mind.)
hyzmarca
Flesh form Cyberzombies, just for the look on the player's faces when the GM says "The humanoid seems to have a gyromounted minigun where its tail should be."
Fortune
We should be making friends with the Bugs. They can help against the Horrors after all. biggrin.gif
Kagetenshi
Yes, I suggest you do that. I'll be cheering you on…

…from the MOON…

…of Mars (Deimos, to be exact)…

…after it has already been converted to a colony ship and is well on its way to Tau Ceti.

~J
Tanka
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)

…from the MOON…

…after it has already been converted to a colony ship and is well on its way to Tau Ceti.

~J

Yeah, erm, you do that.

*edge*

*edge further*

*mad dash*
PBTHHHHT
QUOTE (Fortune)
We should be making friends with the Bugs. They can help against the Horrors after all. biggrin.gif

You go do that... in fact why don't you be the first to go initiate contact with the bugs for peace talks. Meanwhile, I'll be watching how the meeting goes via teleconference... I'll record it too. It should make a killing when it's sold on the web. wink.gif
Fortune
Wusses! wink.gif
lodestar
You've just been listening to Bitten too often again Fortune. wink.gif

But then you were probably around the last time the horrors came so maybe you have a point...

biggrin.gif
Gyro the Greek Sandwich Pirate
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)

…from the MOON…

~J

Another Marathon fan, looks like.

Plan on takin' a few cyborgs with you on your way? grinbig.gif
Kagetenshi
Nine Mjolnir Mark IV military cyborgs for the colonies, and maybe one spare for good measure…

~J
Fortune
QUOTE (lodestar)
But then you were probably around the last time the horrors came ...

You've been peeking at my wrinkles again.
Kremlin KOA
I am going with natural enemies here

Cyberzombies are created with Horror style blood magic... the effect is not dissimi9lar to a horror mark.

Horrors and bugs are natural antagonists to each other

2+2 = 4
mfb
i think peeks at fortune's wrinklies is a subject for another forum completely !!
durthang
Horrors and bugs are natural antagonists to each other

Besides competing for the same hunting grounds, what makes you say that? Perhaps they've learned to use metahumanity peacefully along side each other.
Kremlin KOA
testimony from the bugs themselves in House of the sun and in various earthdawn books Bugs are prey for horrors
durthang
I should have guessed. EVERYTHING is prey to one Horror or another...
Herald of Verjigorm
Even gnashers can be tasty with the right BBQ sauce.
Kremlin KOA
I found them better with a cheese sauce
Wounded Ronin
I'm imaging a column of cyberzombies walking in a straight line towards this big hive all steadily firing LMGs from the hip as all these insect spirits explode before them.
PBTHHHHT
QUOTE (Wounded Ronin)
I'm imaging a column of cyberzombies walking in a straight line towards this big hive all steadily firing LMGs from the hip as all these insect spirits explode before them.

The footages of the battle will be repackaged into the new hit selling sim 'Against the Hive 2: Universal Soldiers Attack!'

*well, yeah, the cyberzombies are more or less like the movie Universal Soldiers... more or less... kinda... sorta... indifferent.gif
Kremlin KOA
you want universal soldier
combine skillwires
P-Fix chips
and shedim

stir well and serve
PBTHHHHT
QUOTE (Kremlin KOA)
stir well and serve

shaken, not stirred...
Snow_Fox
Bugs vs CZ's? easy. My money's on the rabbit.
kevyn668
Everyone always bets on the rabbit. You gotta go for the turtle.
Snow_Fox
Modern design? Streamline?
Crimsondude 2.0
QUOTE (PBTHHHHT)
QUOTE (Kremlin KOA @ Dec 18 2004, 07:43 AM)
stir well and serve

shaken, not stirred...

But that waters it down.
DocMortand
QUOTE (Snow_Fox)

If the rabbit is the psychopathic bunny called Bun-Bun (Or Mr. Bunny according to John Ringo), then I view him in the same class as Horrors myself. smile.gif
toturi
QUOTE (kevyn668)
Everyone always bets on the rabbit. You gotta go for the turtle.

You mean the Teenage Mutant Ninja kind?

Yeah, sure, in a heartbeat!

Turtle Power!
SpasticTeapot
QUOTE (DocMortand)
QUOTE (Snow_Fox @ Dec 19 2004, 01:41 PM)

If the rabbit is the psychopathic bunny called Bun-Bun (Or Mr. Bunny according to John Ringo), then I view him in the same class as Horrors myself. smile.gif

Bun-Bun is in another category altogether. Think along the same lines as Cthulu, except that Cthulu is les skilled with a switchblade.

I, however, put my money on the animated beefsteak in the robo-suit.
Snow_Fox
QUOTE (DocMortand)

No, I mean a bunny named 'Bugs.'
toturi
Ehhh, whazzup, doc?
lodestar
QUOTE (Snow_Fox)
QUOTE (DocMortand @ Dec 19 2004, 10:36 PM)

Booo. Worst Pun ever 'Fox. biggrin.gif
Moon-Hawk
QUOTE (lodestar)
QUOTE (Snow_Fox @ Dec 21 2004, 11:08 AM)

Booo. Worst Pun ever 'Fox. biggrin.gif

Great. Saying that is just challenging the dumpshock community to come up with more pun-ishing ones than that.
This could get ugly.
DeadNeon
QUOTE (Snow_Fox)

Jumpin' jesus, my brain is bleeding again...
DocMortand
QUOTE (Snow_Fox)

*wince* Oooo that smarts. ya knon, you're almost as bad as a telemarketer...and you know how Bun-Bun feels about telemarketers...

LOL!!! Bugs vs Bun-Bun, a true Bugs vs. Horrors contest! who would win?
Kagetenshi
Bun-Bun would join the Horrors. You know that Giftbringer would give all humans bits of the Baywatch Perfect Edition.

~J
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012