Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Otaku Neglect
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Bandwidthoracle
Hello All,

I have a player who is currently playing an otaku, and loving it.
We have ran into a few problems, thought. So here they are.
1) There are rules for tribe creation, which is great, but not rules for handling a tribe. My current solution is, if they are doing well, and spend time recruting they (slowly) grow /gain sponsors, rep etc. (Using this bugs me)
2) Otaku need more echos. My solution to this so far, has been to stalll.
So are there any echos other than listed in Matrix?
Are there web-supplement non-cannon echos?
Should I try my hand at making my own?
Thanks,
-Eric
Kagetenshi
There are enough echoes to keep someone going through quite a few submersions, IMO…

Regarding the tribe, it all depends how you want to play the little guys and how close to 2055 it is.

~J
kevyn668
I don't know anything about decking or Otaku, but you could try getting some input from your player. Ask him what nifty new trick he'd like his otaku to be able to do. You could then try to create a balanced echo that would let him do just that.
mfb
i play 90% of the tribe my otaku comes from. but i play online, where such things are possible. as for new echoes, i've been pondering one that applies a single programming option per iteration to the otaku's complex forms, at a cost of +1 karma per form the option applies to.
Bandwidthoracle
As for the time it's April 1 (I'm not kidding, but it's hard to hire runners on Api 1st) 2063.
I do agree that there are enough submersions to keep you busy, But I don't think there are enough to differentiat otaku that much.
Otaku can upgrade stats that otaku allready have (nothing wrong here)
Otaku can traceroute, summon daemons, and info sort. I'd like to see sub abilities for these, or totally new "Meta-magics" for otaku.
Perhaps echos to be able to add IC options to more complex forms? (I don't know if this would work yet)
Kagetenshi
Then the tribes might well be getting sponsors, etc. I personally liked it back in 2055 when they were all street kids doing crazy things (except for the ones in the Denver Data Haven, of course).

~J
mfb
some of us are still street kids doing crazy things.
Bandwidthoracle
Well, the created as dirt poor, and 2 members so they are street kids doing crazy things. But they'd like to get sponsors, and that sort of thing.
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (mfb)
some of us are still street kids doing crazy things.

I know. I mean when aside from the DDH kids they were all street kids, without meaningful exception. The mere fact that they can get sponsors means times have changed (id est, people actually know what they exist and what they can do).

~J
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012