Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just heard a funny quote on TV
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Kyuhan
"The future of Seattle is biotechnology and software..."

A sense of things to come...
Kagetenshi
The future of Seattle is in the theft of biotechology, often using said software.

~J
Kyuhan
Touché.
Adhoc
Apparently the future of cities in half the western world is in science and biotechnology.

Everybody wants a piece of those pies; it's like an IT-bubble all over.

frown.gif
Adhoc
Snow_Fox
I live outside Philly, 2 of the 3 biggest pharmacetical corps are here plus the stock market.
iPad
The future of britain is the service industry.

[carcasm]Wahoo.[/carcasm]

Rot in hell Magret Thacture.
U_Fester
QUOTE (iPad)

Tell us how you really feel iPad, and don't be afraid to hold back.
FlakJacket
QUOTE (iPad @ Dec 20 2004, 02:07 AM)

Oh yeah, because it was just all her own personal fault. No other factors involved at all.[/sarc]

Edit: Oh and it's spelt Thatcher.
GrinderTheTroll
QUOTE (Kyuhan)
"The future of Seattle is biotechnology and software..."

A sense of things to come...

"Building a better tomorrow, one Genome at a time."
Smiley
Hell, bring on the Biotech. I'll be first in line for a few... ah... upgrades. cyber.gif
Everfast
I'm always tickled in a geeky sort of way, when, in the Winter months, the weather man warns you to watch out for dangerous black ice (so called because it looks like standing water and not frozen).
Kyuhan
Hell, bring on the Biotech. I'll be first in line for a few... ah... upgrades. cyber.gif

I wouldn't be adverse to a couple upgrades meself.
Moirdryd
Dont knock the `service industry` it makes a hefty sum of its own right, but people just dont care to hear about it and besides are not Bars, Pubs and Clubs where alot of Shadow bizz begins and ends?
Clyde
Just get me the sleep regulator. If I could get by on four hours a night I'd rule the world.
Kyuhan
I hear they're doing cool stuff with hypnosis and sleep shortening. nyahnyah.gif
Shanshu Freeman
QUOTE (iPad)
The future of britain is the service industry.

[carcasm]Wahoo.[/carcasm]

fwooooooooooosh

(over my head)
mfb
magret thacture was an evil clone of britain's PM, who enacted a diabolical plan to brainwash all UK citizens and turn them into perfect butlers for export. that way, everyone in the world would have an english butler, and magret thacture would be rich. an evil woman, that.
nezumi
Not to be confused with Margaret Thatcher, the British PM who removed government subsidies and supported a more free economy, that lead to lower costs for the British government and an overall increase in the economic health of the UK.
Shanshu Freeman
so.... when do I get my Butler?
Kagetenshi
When you elect magret thacture.

~J
Mr.Sinister
Go, Go, Umbrella Corporation!

Err, umm... wait a sec...
noneuklid
Our business is life itself. And also death. And whatever happens in-between. And anything else we missed.
U_Fester
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
When you elect magret thacture.

But she wasn't on the ballad... frown.gif
Jrayjoker
I am sure there are a few ballads about Margaret Thatcher, though. Heck , Bloom County had a field day with her.
Fortune
Yeah, but not too many come to mind about Magret Thacture.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012