Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vehicle Combat Question
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Big White Mint
I just finished the vehicle combat chapter. I actually didn't think it was too bad. I have one question though.

When you have vehicles and characters on foot acting at the same time, how do you handle vehicle movement? I mean, characters move during each combat phase a fraction of their movement based on the max number of initiative passes. Vehicles are assumed to move their entire movement (current speed) over the turn. Do you just assume that for each combat phase they move a fraction of their speed (based on their speed at the beginning of the turn)?

Should you count the effects of acceleration and deacceleration within turns or wait until the next turn?

Thanks,

Nick

Catsnightmare
If you happen to have it, there is a section of Rigger 3 that IIRC covers just about everything you ask. But since I left my copy at work last night I can't quote the page number for you.
Big White Mint
I don't own that book. I think I'm going to allow players to change up their movement per combat phase, even though that's not the way the book says to do it. I'll just divide the rate they want to use by the total number of combat passes to get their rate for that particular combat pass. I'll do the same thing with vehicles.

See any problems with that?

Thanks,

Nick
iPad
Ive always found that vehicle involvement during normal combat is usually one of two things:

Vehicle is moving and so stops or leaves or drives through and so does little over than the brief seconds of activity.

Vehicle is a big piece of cover yay!
GrinderTheTroll
QUOTE (Nick Warcholak)
I just finished the vehicle combat chapter.  I actually didn't think it was too bad.  I have one question though.

When you have vehicles and characters on foot acting at the same time, how do you handle vehicle movement?  I mean, characters move during each combat phase a fraction of their movement based on the max number of initiative passes.  Vehicles are assumed to move their entire movement (current speed) over the turn.  Do you just assume that for each combat phase they move a fraction of their speed (based on their speed at the beginning of the turn)? 

Should you count the effects of acceleration and deacceleration within turns or wait until the next turn?

Thanks,

Nick

The section in R3R isn't what i was hoping it to be but Vehicle Speed = meters per combat turn (just like a PC's Quickness). You could assume accelaration happens over the course of the whole Combat Turn and divide it across the # of Combat Phases for that Combat Turn.

It's more useful for Drone since they have relatively low speeds or for ramming into people or things, compared to other more conventional vehicles and they things they do. I try and keep the two (Vehicle and People movement) seperate as much as possible.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012