Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Happy Holidays!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Foreigner
Season's Greetings!

I just thought I'd take a time out from being my normal (i.e., annoying nyahnyah.gif ) self long enough to wish everyone here a happy and safe holiday season.

--Foreigner
nezumi
As long as we're at it, I'll throw in the Merry Christmas EULA I received today...

With the holidays fast approaching and EULAs pretty much a fact of life, please accept -- with no obligation, implied or implicit, on behalf of the wisher or wishee -- my best wishes for an environmentally-conscious, socially-responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice, practiced within the traditions and/or within the religious or secular belief(s) of your choice and with respect for the traditions and/or religious or secular beliefs of others or for their choice to not practice traditions and/or religious or secular beliefs at all; and for a fiscally-successful, personally-fulfilling, medically-uncomplicated recognition of the onset of what is generally accepted as the new Gregorian calendar year, but with due respect for calendars of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great*, and without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, sexual orientation, political affiliation, or choice of computer operating system of the wisher.

DISCLAIMER

By accepting this greeting you are accepting the terms of the greeting and all responsibility associated with it. This greeting is subject to clarification and/or revocation at any time at the discretion of the wisher. This greeting is non-transferable without the express written consent of the wisher. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for him/herself or for others. This greeting is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first. Warranty is limited to replacement of this greeting or issuance of a new greeting at the sole discretion of the wisher, who assumes no responsibility for any unintended emotional stress this greeting may bring to those not caught up in the holiday spirit.

By accepting this greeting you agree to subscribe to annual updates at a cost completely arbitrary to the wisher at the time of renewal. Failure to subscribe - in effect, failure to renew this greeting - will result in forfeiture of the original greeting, loss of your parents' homes, euthanasia for your and your neighbors' pets, and prosecution in a kangaroo court of law comprised of the wisher's closest friends and paid business associates, convened by the wisher at a location deemed most inconvenient to you. Reading of this disclaimer constitutes your acceptance of the greeting. Oh, and I almost forgot...this disclaimer supersedes all local, state and federal laws previously enacted to prevent such disclaimers from superseding all local, state and federal laws.

* -- This does not imply that the United States of America is necessarily greater than any other country, or that it is the only America in the western and/or eastern hemispheres.
Ecclesiastes
With the state of things in the US right now, that is a perfect greeting.

Merry Christmas anyways.

-Ecclesiastes (keeping the Christ in Christmas)
Solstice
QUOTE (Ecclesiastes)
With the state of things in the US right now, that is a perfect greeting.

Merry Christmas anyways.

-Ecclesiastes (keeping the Christ in Christmas)

Roger that!
Fortune
Good Tidings!

The Laughing Santa
- Ho Fraggin' Ho -
Jrayjoker
Blessed be!
Jrayjoker
And Merry Christmas.
Trashman
And

Froehliche Weihnachten
&
Joyeux Noel

from the Old World
toturi
QUOTE (nezumi)
As long as we're at it, I'll throw in the Merry Christmas EULA I received today...

With the holidays fast approaching and EULAs pretty much a fact of life, please accept -- with no obligation, implied or implicit, on behalf of the wisher or wishee -- my best wishes for an environmentally-conscious, socially-responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice, practiced within the traditions and/or within the religious or secular belief(s) of your choice and with respect for the traditions and/or religious or secular beliefs of others or for their choice to not practice traditions and/or religious or secular beliefs at all; and for a fiscally-successful, personally-fulfilling, medically-uncomplicated recognition of the onset of what is generally accepted as the new Gregorian calendar year, but with due respect for calendars of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great*, and without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, sexual orientation, political affiliation, or choice of computer operating system of the wisher.

DISCLAIMER

By accepting this greeting you are accepting the terms of the greeting and all responsibility associated with it. This greeting is subject to clarification and/or revocation at any time at the discretion of the wisher. This greeting is non-transferable without the express written consent of the wisher. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for him/herself or for others. This greeting is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first. Warranty is limited to replacement of this greeting or issuance of a new greeting at the sole discretion of the wisher, who assumes no responsibility for any unintended emotional stress this greeting may bring to those not caught up in the holiday spirit.

By accepting this greeting you agree to subscribe to annual updates at a cost completely arbitrary to the wisher at the time of renewal. Failure to subscribe - in effect, failure to renew this greeting - will result in forfeiture of the original greeting, loss of your parents' homes, euthanasia for your and your neighbors' pets, and prosecution in a kangaroo court of law comprised of the wisher's closest friends and paid business associates, convened by the wisher at a location deemed most inconvenient to you. Reading of this disclaimer constitutes your acceptance of the greeting. Oh, and I almost forgot...this disclaimer supersedes all local, state and federal laws previously enacted to prevent such disclaimers from superseding all local, state and federal laws.

* -- This does not imply that the United States of America is necessarily greater than any other country, or that it is the only America in the western and/or eastern hemispheres.

Nezumi, can I borrow that for my Christmas greeting cards?

biggrin.gif
Nikoli
Merry Yule
Demosthenes
Hey, Nezumi, will you sue me if I forward that without permission?

biggrin.gif grinbig.gif
nezumi
Demo - Give me a few days to write up my response and pass it by the lawyers.

(Yes, everyone is welcome to forward it. The things that get passed around a government office...)
Kanada Ten
Merry Chrismiss.

Kanada Ten, stealing the T&A from every holiday.
paul_HArkonen
Happy "day off from work /school/whatever else you might be doing" (chose one and insert here) day

Anyway, not quite as extrordinarily PC as yours nezumi, but I can try can't I.

Anyway, have a good time everyone.
draco aardvark
"oh! Christmass, how could I forget the only religious holiday which is also a state holiday. So all you christian government workers can go home and celebrate with your family, and all you non-christian government workers can go home and ponder the true meaning of seporation of curch and state!"
I love the daily show.

Happy Chrismahanukwanzakah!
Fix-it
Bah Humbug.

/needed from someone.
John Campbell
Have an enjoyable Agnostica, everyone.

And don't open the present labelled "Schrödinger"!
Austere Emancipator
Go Glögi! Any alcoholic drink to stay away the realization of just how stupid the current holiday traditions are is fine by me. And it's a warm day in Finland in January before I'm switching from ham to tofurkey on and after 24th December.
Neon Tiger
Meri kurisumasu, minna-san!!!
Cirenya
Glædelig Jul... or Merry Christmas everyone!! biggrin.gif
Garland
QUOTE (Neon Tiger)
Meri kurisumasu, minna-san!!!

Or Meri Kurushimimasu, as my mother-in-law jokes...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012